Open Innovation Insights Manager, Lead User Lab
Market and Consumer Research
LEGO® bricks aren’t just for play. Every day, architects, engineers, physicists, programmers, doctors and more think of new ways to use our experiences in their daily lives.Do you have the creative mindset to engage these brilliant individuals and nurture their ideas to co-create future innovations?
Core ResponsibilitiesBring your curiosity around new innovative LEGO® experiences into play and help us build a unique innovation model.
We are starting up the Lead User Lab in AFOL Engagement meant to capture radical ideas, evaluate their potential and bring them to life. As an Open Innovation Analyst, it will be up to you to scan, analyse and document the trends, insights and learnings around lead users and their innovations in a systematic way.
• Ongoing scanning, analysing and visualisation of AFOL categories and ideas
• Scan and document Lead User (LU) candidates, core capabilities, innovation areas and link to The LEGO group strategy.
• Ongoing tracking of industry trends and insights
• Scan various digital media channels and AFOL related media and document learnings around the Lead User Lab project.
• Drive cross collaboration with various insights departments within LEGO around learnings, LUL business value and recommendations.
• Establish learnings goals, hypothesis, metrics and success criteria’s and document learnings before, during and after the LU pilots.
• Document and handle learnings and insights for the LUL pilot project in general. Both internal and external.
• Collaborate with LUL team on innovation ideas, stretching and value adding benefits of innovation.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe AFOL Engagement Department is responsible for building relationships with and co-creating consumer and business value with the global community of adult LEGO users. We work closely with hundreds of user groups and fan media in the LEGO Ambassador Network, we innovate, stimulate and support user creativity and we leverage platforms like LEGO IDEAS to co-create products, experiences and marketing stories with users and internal stakeholders.
The Lead User Lab is a new initiative within the AFOL Engagement department to attract, collaborate and co-create consumer and business value with LEGO Lead Users. It’s set up as a 2-year pilot, but we expect the initiative will continue after the pilot phase.
You will support AFOL engagement and the LUL team with understanding and realizing new innovative lead user experiences. You are able to navigate and lead the insights process from an uncertain early phase through higher maturity levels through the LUL pilot process. In this process you will help the Head of LUL and the LUL team navigate information and make insightful decisions based on the learnings you gather, organize and share.
We want people that shoot for the stars, dares to dream big, but at the same time get things done through a get it done mindset and strong ability to collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues and Lead users.
The role will provide rich opportunity for professional and personal development for the right candidate in an environment of openness and trust and a strong desire and ability to experiment and deliver results.
Do you have what it takes?• Outstanding ability to work with market and consumer insights (generation of insights, documentation of insights, activation of insights)
• 3-5 years working experience in field of consumer and market insights and trends
• Excellent presentation and visual communication skills, visualizing insights to colleagues across the organization, including top management
• Strong analytical and business strategy skills
• Being energized by working towards planned targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty
• Thrives in a team environment where the things run fast while still running independenly with own tasks
• Advanced english
You will find useful in this role to have:
• Experience with digital insights tracking eg. So Me listening tools like Spreadfast, Adobe analytics or similar
• Understanding of SQL language
• Ability to work with data visualization tool like Power BI or Tableau
• Previous experience working with in-market pilots and learnings
• Test and Learn mindset working with pretotyping and prototyping
• Experience with Scrum
• Knowledge of R language
• Minimum Master degree in a business related field or equivalent e.g. business analyst, marketing, research
• Experience working with entrepreneurship and working in big organizations
• Availability to travel 20-30 days per year
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
We will open up a world of new opportunities for the LEGO Brand. What better way to do that then working with a group of very talented Lead users on pilots where we explore and learn about new innovative experience for the future.
The frosting on the cake is that you get to work with a diverse group of amazingly creative people that you get fantastic stuff done with while having tons of fun.