Local Community Engagement Manager
Are you interested in inspiring and developing children in China?A unique opportunity to bring the LEGO mission to life and create outstanding impact for children in local communities and LEGO employees using learning through play!
Core Responsibilities• Develop, plan and oversee execution and evaluation of innovative Jiaxing community engagement program – engaging local employees (1000+) and tens of thousands of children.
o Develop next iteration of Jiaxing community plan that will exceed KPIs within budget, time and partnership constraints – Aligned with global strategy and programs.
o Partner closely with internal teams for true shared value benefits – community/children, employees and business.
o Establish and maintain active volunteer committee and gain full support from local LT and management to gain their continuous support, buy-in and engagement.
o Empower employees to lead and execute volunteer events at schools and in the community with charity partners.
o Select and manage local and regional charity partners that provide the greatest scale and impact for desired results. Risk check for compliance and provide all reporting and evaluation.
o Develop and execute small and large scale events engaging over 20k children and families.
o Take global programs, translate for local relevance and train local partners to deliver for increased scale and impact. Also train employees to deliver as volunteers.
o Lead internal communication for Jiaxing Local Community Engagement
• Drive the Play Ambassador Journey in Jiaxing including Play Day:
o Become a trained Play Agent Hero – equipped with the skills to lead learning through play workshops to employees and local partners
o Proactively plan, recruit participants and deliver play agent workshops to employees and partners in Jiaxing and ensure they are able to deliver great programs on our behalf, aligned with best practice.
o Be the local event driver of Playday.
• Left Behind Children Summer Camps:
o Plan, deliver and evaluate summer camp program based on learning through play for children of employees at the Jiaxing factory – leveraging local and national partners. Manage full budget and space.
o Support national expansion of LBC summer camps at partners across china.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe role is critical to connecting employees to the LEGO Idea and our core mission – inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. Children in local communities around the globe and have a right to quality learning through play experiences and it is our responsibility to make the magic happen and bring our colleagues on the journey with us.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor´s degree
• Proactive and demonstrated ability to use an outside in perspective – designing programs and strategies based on high level objectives.
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to work with senior leadership
• Large project management, event and budget experience
• More than 5 years experience in one or more of the following: community relations, youth program development, employee engagement and/or CSR
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Mandarin!) - able to deliver high-energy, engaging presentations to large groups of executives and parents.
• National and international travel up to 20 days/year (excluding local travel)
• Demonstrated passion for children, play, education and people
• English level Advanced
• Mandarin level Advanced
• Additional language a benefit
Join the global LEGO® familyThe LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
The LEGO Group is growing rapidly in China, continuously building the LEGO brand and relations to key stakeholders. The LEGO branded entities want to show the long term commitment in China and build a strong corporate reputation and therefore there is great opportunity to be part of scaling up our responsibility work, delivering on our planet promise in a Chinese context.