Are you a Legal expert who are confident to play an important role in helping to protect the famous LEGO brand against risks of legal harm, while also helping to ensure that it develops and remains relevant and “cool” to core LEGO users?Here’s a good opportunity to offer a unique opportunity to provide advice within a market that is undergoing constant and rapid development, while also considering band positioning aspects for a trademark that is among the most recognized and trusted in the world.
Core Responsibilities• Identify and build working relationships with senior leaders/decisionmakers and business areas and units, within the China Market;
• Build and/or maintain best in class legal knowledge and skills relevant to China business;
• Provide focused and enabling legal advice as well as legal strategy relative to LEGO opportunities and experiences;
• Provide sparring, advice and guidance to other junior lawyers working in the LEGO Education, LEGO Brand Retail and Digital businesses for the company;
• Report on all work to the VP/GC for China & APAC, provide a download of work to the entire China & APAC Legal Team at Team Meetings, and participate in other projects, assignments, training and activities requested by the GC/VP;
• Provide legal input and recommendations in regards to development of policies and guidelines for the China Market;
• Assist the VP/GC with knowledge of China polices, procedures, laws and regulations;
• Drive sharing of knowledge and best practices with relevant LCR colleagues in other teams.
Play your part in our team succeedingLegal Compliance and Risk Management (LCR) is the internal provider of legal services to all of the business areas and units within the LEGO Group. Legal services are provided on a global basis (through regional teams as well as global, functional teams), and cover a wide spectrum of legal areas relevant to commercial activities, including, among others, intellectual property law, marketing law, data protection law, contract law, corporate law and employment law. LCR currently has employees located in 8 different countries in Asia, Europe and North America.
Do you have what it takes?• At least Bachelor degree of law, prefer Master degree
• Over seas educational or working experience would be preferred
• 12-15 years’ relevant work experience in big MNCs (or big global law firm) • Has experience in dealing with consumer goods products would be preferred
• Relevant Legal Experience Areas Needed/Preferred: contracts, employment law, marketing, sales, competition law, anti-corruption and anti-bribery, ecommerce, corporate law, finance, education law, immigration law, tax law, property law, and franchise law.
• Fluent English and Mandarin
• Result oriented, constantly delivering high performance;
• Customer focused, anticipating business needs and acting accordingly;
• Able to work very well with others on a team;
• Able to work very well with a leader from a foreign country; and
• A functional expert, developing legal expertise relative to business needs.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV. Or you can send your CV to Sharon.email@example.com
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“While in The LEGO® Group I am in the group not working by building with LEGO® bricks every day, the work that I do directly affects The LEGO® Group’s ability to continue to design, produce and distribute our products to children all over the world. Being in China the extra joy you can get is to see millions of new LEGO® funs in the coming years. And our work will make our family members be proud of having us working for LEGO®.”