Director, Head of CAE (Computer Aided Engineering)
Can you take the lead on driving our Simulation Platform to the next level?
Bring your energetic leadership and your simulation insights to the table and help impact The LEGO Group across the entire value chain.
• Develop the Simulation Platform ensuring the next generation of Flow- and Structural Simulations in LEGO
• Develop high simulation predictability to ensure high quality elements/moulds running smoothly through Operations
• Develop the mechanical testing platform needed to provide data for simulations in order to give an early guidance to element development
• Drive the mechanical testing agenda in regards to the empirical data needed to improve the quality and accuracy of simulations
• Develop simulation for all material types
• Lead and develop a high-performance team delivering on daily operations + innovating the Simulation agenda
• Collaboration with main stakeholders to ensure that input and requirements are continuously assessed and implemented
Description of Flow- and Structural Simulation in LEGO
• Simulation of the injection moulding process, incl. Inlet balancing, 2K, CMI, co-injection and burn marks
• Simulation of the deformation of elements and moulds due to e.g. Product safety, assembly, aging and pression
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Head of CAE will be managing a CAE department with 13 highly skilled specialists. The CAE department is currently working on moving the digital agenda/innovation regarding use of Computer Simulation tools in order to provide a predictive capability to a point where much of the design verifications are using computer simulations (Flow Simulations + Structural Simulations).
The CAE department is a partner of choice for the engineering value chain, both for the design of elements and moulds. Through simulation for melted plastic flow, mechanical performance of the bricks and of the moulds, optimization of the cooling channels and inlet, CAE contribute to getting the right design the first time through, instead of iterating in the steel.
The CAE department is divided in two “areas”;
• Driving projects making sure that the platform is in pace with the organization needs, by developing the needed simulation tools
• Securing the simulation needed to the organization to produce elements / moulds and processing equipment in time for productions
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate hold a master degree in science (Mechanical/Plastics Engineer, Materials, Cand. Scient. or similar) and a strong technical insight within flow and structural simulation. Furthermore, we expect that you have:
• 5+ years’ experience within simulation departments, product development, preferably within injection moulding and plastic materials.
• 5+ years of experience within people management, preferably also project management experience.
• A proven track record of outstanding results from other areas/companies.
As a person you show a natural drive and positive energy in your work approach as well as an open and honest mindset. You have an innovating and creative way of finding solutions but at the same time you are structured and process driven. In addition, you can relate to the below:
• Demonstrate drive, value chain coherency and collaboration as leadership signatures
• Drive an experimental approach by leading people to keep potential risk in mind
• Develop a fun environment that has a ‘can do’ attitude
• Able to communicate on all levels
• Excellent English skills, both oral and written
• Role model for work-life balance
• Capable of lowering defenses (admitting mistakes and/weaknesses)
• Able to think both short-term and long terms/see possibilities for the simulation area.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
CAE is already an established capability in The LEGO Group and a vital part of the engineering value chain. But this is only the beginning… the potential of simulation is huge and The LEGO Group is ready to bring CAE to the next level. Therefore we are now looking for the new Head of CAE whom can develop and build the future CAE Department.