Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property
Come join the Americas Legal Team and play a meaningful role in protecting the world-famous LEGO brand and products for the builders of the future!Legal, Compliance & Risk Manager (LCR) Americas is the regional legal team covering all of North and South America, with lawyers in Enfield, Mexico City and Monterrey, in a variety of legal positions.
Core Responsibilities:The main focus of LCR Americas is:
• Drive and support all legal tasks in our region, like IPR and Corporate matters
• Act as main point of contact for relevant legal issues, in accordance with our Mandate and Key Operating Principles
• Occasionally participate in tasks and/or provide legal support within other regions
• Co-ordinate IP related tasks for The LEGO Group in US and Canada.
• Act as a subject matter expert on IPR enforcement in North America and participate in activites supporting IP enforcement of The LEGO Group rights proposed by Government Affairs (GPA)
• Work with other LCR lawyers and LCR Legal Support on a program of improved IPR enforcement in the Americas region
• In close collaboration with the VP and General Counsel, Americas and other LCR team members in Americas region, handle the IPR enforcement agenda for North America.
• Lead internal and/or external partner relationships to optimize work effectiveness, including building working relationships with external IP Counsel
• Demonstrate a high-level of collaboration, knowledge- sharing and process optimization to accomplish tasks
• Conduct IP training and marketing of the work done in IP enforcement in North America.
• Document legal processes and work output in legal knowledge management tools.
Are you up for the challenge?• Law School Degree (J.D., LL.M.)
• Minimum 5-8 years of (postgraduate) legal experience from an in-house role at a global company or senior level private practice position, with a specialty in Intellectual Property Law
• Consistent track record in IP litigation management
• Shown track-record in IP enforcement matters and partner management.
• An appetite for and ability to learn new skills, as well as the willingness to follow-through on tasks
• Highly collaborative, with a curious attitude and a “can do” approach
• Professional attitude
• Previous experience working with national law enforcement authorities in one or more countries within North America on IP enforcement matters
• Experience in training customs officials on IP issues
• Some travel must be expected, likely not to exceed 30 days per year
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.