Category Manager, IT (12 month FTC)
United Kingdom, London; Denmark
Are you ready to take you career in IT Procurement to the next level?Join LEGO’s awesome Global Procurement team to drive our continued development in IT and Technology, the most exciting & innovative areas of the business!
Core Responsibilities• Co-develop a sourcing strategy and category plan for Software and IT services spend with key business and IT stakeholders other IT Category managers
• Negotiate contracts with global software/SaaS suppliers (e.g. SAP, Adobe) and with IT Service Providers providers (e.g. HCL, Cognizant)
• Support development of category specific vendor management plans
• Drive strong collaboration with manufacturing site teams for any regional opportunities and consolidation
• Be responsible for regional / local supplier management - contracting / negotiations, performance management
• Share best practices globally and support global initiatives through global category forums
• Accountability for category KPI progress (e.g. PO Compliance, Vendor Rationalization)
Play your part in our team succeedingIndirect Materials and Services Sourcing is a global organization focused on driving excellence in sourcing, as strong business partners with the internal stakeholders, driving supplier relationship management. The organization is responsible for Facility, Travel, Professional Services and IT categories procurement globally.
As The LEGO Group expands globally, the investment in IT is growing in tandem and the procurement team needs additional resources to manage the growing demand. The primary function of this role is to establish a strong category expertise in the global Software/Saas and IT Services spend. Whilst, the role is focused globally, it will also support progress at the regional locations. In this role, you will work closely with both global and regional stakeholders, and regional procurement team members to develop global sourcing strategies and execution plans.
Do you have what it takes?• Demonstrable IT sourcing experience – Software/Saas & IT Services
• Strong knowledge and experience negotiating software, cloud contracts and related commercial/licence models
• Developed understanding of procurement processes and the software & services vendor landscape
• Global category management experience is preferable, EMEA category management experience would be expected
• Advanced communication skills, the ability to interact effectively with individuals at Director/VP levels
• Broader IT Procurement experience e.g. Hardware, Networks, Telecoms
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“This is your chance to impact change in a highly successful organisation and help define how we manage demand and supply of IT Products and Services.”
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.