The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Free standard 4 to 6 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 3 monthsAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0LEGO's perfect track record has ended...DaveJS | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterIn nearly 40 years and hundreds of sets, I've never had an issue with a LEGO product - until now. Such a shame. This was a Christmas present for my 2yo daughter. All was good for about a fortnight - then the speaker in the hub (the unit that drives the train and responds to the action bricks) failed. Now, when the train rolls over the action bricks - silence - which detracts from the play experience. Others have reported the same problem. I've requested a new hub from LEGO Customer Service and hope to hear from them soon. This is still a great set; I'm just disappointed that my trouble-free experience with LEGO has ended.14 January 2020Emily, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with your train. That's definitely not normal! We're glad you got in touch, though. Customer Service will be happy to help troubleshoot the issue and provide a replacement if needed.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Steam Train
- in about 1 yearAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Love the new trains, both Duplo and Powered Up!BrickBunny | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!This train is cute as a button, and the action bricks are a brilliant feature. I'm looking forward to using this as part of an upcoming LEGO library Display & Play Event. The modest price makes it a great way to get started with Duplo trains, or even use it as an expansion pack with other train sets. My only reservation is the design of the battery compartment. It took several tries to get the batteries all seated properly and the lid closed without one of the batteries popping loose again. Once everything was in place, though, I had *no* problem with the amount of power available in the engine, and it is a pleasure to operate!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- in 3 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best Duplo set ever createdDDPL22 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonPurchased this for my 2.5 year-old son, and we love to play with it. I was looking for something that is versatile enough for me too, because we play a lot together, and this set, along with the bridge and the additional tracks, ticked all boxes on my list. I knew that if I get excited about a toy, my son will too, and the fun multiplies. The push and go motor is a brilliant thing, it works really well, although we don't use the mobile app. There's no need for that, you can play without it perfectly fine, and mobile devices are off limit for my son anyway. Not a cheap toy, but considering the many hours of play we'll put into it, it's a good investment. After a few days of play, one morning my son started building tracks on his own. He's yet to figure out how to build a loop, and this is the kind of challenge he needs right now. I'm very pleased with this toy, it moved all our other Duplo sets to a new level. I will probably buy the cargo set too, but that only for Christmas.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Steam Train
- in 7 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesome trainDuckie | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThis is an awesome set. In particular the app that allows to control the train is a lot of unexpected fun. It controls the train movement, honks, reacts to action bricks - it offers minigames that feature other parts of the set. It would be nice if the manual about the electric train was more detailed - it seems to have features. Such as one axle is motorized and the other has a motion sensor. So making the train run, it is actually easier to slightly lift the back wheels and push rather than just push. It was a little tricky to properly insert the batteries but they seem to last quite a bit. The train seems to have quite a bit of power and can pull several pieces. It would be good to have two green action bricks - then the tracks could be linear rather than a loop.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 15 minsWas this helpful?55Steam Train