The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 200 zł!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- May 27th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0All aboard! Next stop, the battery store!KaidensDad | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy son (2) inherited a Duplo train from 2005 (#3771: Train Starter Set) as well as lots of track. For his birthday, we decided to get him a second train so he could combine the old set with the new one and have a large loop. Fortunately, although the track color was changed in the last 15 years, the tracks themselves are 100% compatible! He's already figured out how to make the new train go (turning it on with the button on the bottom and pushing it) and loves putting action bricks on the track. However, we had to hide the red action brick because it makes the train stop and that just frustrates him. We do wish that set 10882 with extra track came with literally ANY OTHER COLOR action brick than red. It would be nice to be able to let him add more whistles, lights, and water stops...or even have a second green reverse direction action brick so that the train could go back and forth on a long stretch of track. His daddy (me) likes to activate the train via the app and have a little fun making the train go back and forth, change the light colors, and toot its horn...and he doesn't know I'm doing it. Although the app (which is optional and controls the train via Bluetooth) loses connection frequently, I haven't experienced any major issues with it. Our only real issue with the train is the battery life. His birthday was less than a month ago and we're already on our third set of 4 AA batteries! By comparison, he was given his cousin's old Duplo train from 2005 in November and that train is also on its third set of batteries in the span of more than SIX months! ...although that old train is limited to only moving forward and has no action brick response. The train will power down, but only after TWO HOURS of inactivity. That's far too long. 15 minutes would have been fine. I don't know why someone thought even 90 minutes wasn't long enough, but 2 hours was the right time to power down. Overall, it's a good train and a lot of fun for my 2 year-old. Just be prepared to use up A LOT of batteries!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Steam Train
- September 3rd, 2018Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Not Strong Enough Motormikevince | 25-34I bought this together with the Train Bridge and Tracks (10872) and the engine with an empty car can't make it to the top of the bridge 30%-40% of the time. When using the app, the motor is noticeably weaker and stops 90% of the time before reaching the bridges's top. The tracks+bridge were setup on a flat, solid surface. Fresh AAA Energizer batteries were used. This is just nitpicking on an otherwise amazing set.3 September 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience. Our Customer Service team would be happy to troubleshoot the train with you. You can get in touch at LEGO.com/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 20 minsWas this helpful?35Steam Train
- September 27th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Very detail review for this train setCustomerShip666 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Son1, This train uses 4 AAA batteries. 2, This train's underneath contains a camera-light liked colour recognised sensor to recognise the action blocks. Actually you can replace the action blocks with the same coloured material like paper, the train can still read it and implemented the relevant actions. 3, The tracks are compatible with other Duplo's manual push trains, as long as you don't fit with a switch-track from other Duplo track set like 10882. You can push along the manial train with these tracks, or even connect the manual coach/car to this batteried train and pulled by it. 4, You cannot change the speed or this train manually on this physical train blocks. But you can choose the speed of this train via the free Duplo train app available in App Store. The default speed of physical train is maximum. You can slow it down only via this app. 5, This app connects between the device and the train via Bluetooth.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- December 14th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great first trainwalterf22 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterGot this for my 4 year old girls. They loved it and so did I. Action block and app make for interactive play. We use it as a center piece for the rest of our Duplo themes.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Steam Train