Kids can recreate the thrill of boat racing with this super-cool LEGO® Technic™ (42105) Catamaran toy. For the first time ever, this LEGO Technic model toy floats on water! So, sailing enthusiasts can learn while they play. See how the sails work. Or how the dagger boards maximise stability and how the rudder steers. With the classic 2-hull catamaran design, this model boat is a fantastic recreation of the real thing. Learn how to build and sail an awesome toy boat Build… rebuild… play… display... There’s so much for kids to discover with this LEGO engineering toy. Have fun building the Catamaran – inspired by real race boats. Then set it in the bathtub to recreate speed sailing adventures before rebuilding into a Race Power Boat. If you're looking for toy boats that really float, this set is a great choice. Unique toys and immersive building experiences LEGO Technic sets are ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge. They offer an advanced building experience for kids and adults who enjoy learning new engineering skills – or simply love to build.
- Take to the water with this racing Catamaran floating toy sailboat. Packed with realistic features, it includes 2 sails, 2 dagger boards and rudder.
- Ideal for developing engineering skills, this 2-in-1 model sailboat kit lets kids build, play and rebuild, giving an introduction to how boats really work.
- Master the tactics of a world-class speed-sailor. Angle the sails for the ultimate racing position. Raise and lower the 2 dagger boards to maximize stability. Then use the rudder to steer.
- Looking for the best gifts for a toy boat fan? This LEGO® Technic™ Catamaran (42105) is a great choice. Designed for ages 8+, it’s ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge, or for anyone with a passion for sailing.
- At over 12” (32cm) long, 8” (22cm) wide and 17” (44cm) high (from the bottom of the rudder to the top of the mast), this model sailboat is made for easy handling in the bathtub.
- Who needs batteries when you've got sails? Certainly not this LEGO® Catamaran! It's powered by imagination, so no batteries are required.
- Get building straightaway with full instructions for the Catamaran in the box. Ready to build the Race Power Boat? You’ll find extra instructions for this online.
- Young LEGO® fans can discover a whole new world of building fun with LEGO Technic™ plastic model kits. With cool vehicle designs and realistic functions, the action goes on long after the model is built.
- LEGO® building bricks are designed to the highest industry standards. LEGOTechnic™ building kits are consistent, compatible and connect easily every time.
- LEGO® Technic™ pieces go through robust testing to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
92% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- June 21st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Ridiculously Fun!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this on a whim. Not really a fan of boats or sailing, but I wanted a new technic set so I took the plunge. This set was way more fun to build than I expected, and way larger than I expected! It stands about 12” tall, and it can go taller with the adjustable fins that go through the bottom of each hull. My LEGO collection is mostly cars and Star Wars, so this will definitely stand out, but it’s really cool to look at. You should definitely buy this set!Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Catamaran
- April 18th, 2020Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0CatamaranLeblond |Purchased for: SelfNice quality as always from Lego. Colors and appearance are impressive. The steering, sail, & keel depth adjustments work really nicely - well thought out. The kit was a bit tricky to build and i think the ages are a bit off - ages 8 and up? More like 12-14 and up, as I think many 8-10 year- olds would struggle with all the tiny pieces and some of the directions. Touch to display with the keels, should have come with a basic stand perhaps. Cool that it floats!Play Experience2.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Catamaran
- June 14th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great productTomy42 |I would recommend this to a friend!The product looks excellent on display. Proportion and balance are very similar to the real thing, although there are not many parts and still it is not so simple to build while the catamaran mechanics can be clearly seen . The price is good and reflective. The only thing I would improve on in this model is use of real ropes for sails instead of printing them - it would reinforce the idea of the technique. Great product over all :)Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrs 10 minsWas this helpful?55Catamaran
- April 29th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Poor set overallPurchased for: SonI purchased this set for my son and I to build together during quarantine. We mostly like to display the sets and sometimes he'll play with them. This is one he was so excited to play with and it was a total flop. He hasn't taken a bath (he showers regularly) in a few years so we filled the bath tub and set the boat in. As he was playing with it, the boat quickly took on water and sunk completely. I suppose it is a good thing he learned how to empty the hulls of water but he quickly grew tired and bored since that had to happen.. The one thing supposed to keep it afloat made it sink, the result of a very poor design. These hulls should have been in bags when packaged. I realize they're large but ours were really scratched on all sides so it's a poor looking display piece too. It's back in the box. I really wish I could exchange it. $50 is way too much for this set.8 May 2020Emily, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the set. We'd like to find out a bit more about how your boat took on water. Please get in touch at LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play Experience1.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Catamaran
Shop more like this: