- LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor4.42865.
Average rating4.4out of 5 stars
FREE exclusive Creative Fun 12-in-1 set with purchases over 860 kr.*Learn more
Send your train roaring down the track! Lay out your tracks, then add this LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor to your train engine, combined with the required parts, and you’re ready to roll!Building Instructions
- Includes wheels and cross axles
- Use with #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box to have on-train speed control
- Requires #8878 LEGO Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box or #8881 LEGO Power Functions Battery Box
- Use with #8884 LEGO Power Functions IR Receiver and #8879 LEGO Power Functions IR Speed remote control to build a remote controlled train
- Free standard 5 to 7 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 500 kr!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
95% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.4out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.7out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating2.1out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating3.9out of 5 stars
- March 3rd, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A stronger motorJohnnyB | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!I have been waiting for Lego to sell these motors individually, I have a couple of them from the new train sets. These motors, with the new AAA battery boxes, are the answer I've been looking for to easily power my other non-powered trains. These new motors are MUCH stronger than the older RC trains motors, turning the larger wheels without issue. They did had some issues with the ones released in the new cargo train (awful squealing), but they sent me free replacements and assured me that the newer ones are OK. My only complaint is that they don't come with the decorative side pieces like the train sets have. These pieces are not inexpensive parts either, for 2 it cost me $6+ after shipping from Lego direct. Other than that, this is a must have for RC train enthusiasts.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- July 23rd, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Good motor for my 9Volt Lego trainsBVG9Volt | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!I use this motor as secundary motor for my old 9Volt Lego trains. I power the PF train motor by attaching it with the PF power cable (8886) on cable of the 9Volt train light. This cable is connected with the 9Volt train motor. So be sure your 9Volt motor still works. I recommand that you have enough room in your loco because the cables use some place and be sure that the trains motors are attached one a chassis. The Metroliner (4558 - 10001) is good example of a train that can be used with a secondary motor. My Metroliner runs smootly on the 9Volt tracks now.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- November 14th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Quite Good!Blockyviking | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this to motorise my custom Lego train (I already had the battery box, remote control etc). Everything worked well, not much to say really. Pulls the 4 wagons on my train well. Cons: Only one: I was a bit disappointed that it didn't include the covers for the wheels that you get in the sets, but I bought those from bricklink for a low price so it didn't really bother me.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- April 8th, 2011Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Much better than the previous train motor.mhoeij | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!I compared this motor with the previous train motor. It works much better. At speed-setting #2, this motor has twice as much torque as the previous train motor (item 8866).Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor