Build, code and play with Robot Inventor!Inspire minds with a physical-meets-digital world filled with interactive, remote-control robots and intelligent vehicles.
The latest LEGO® MINDSTORMS® evolution5 unique designs to build, plus fun coding and challenging activities to complete with the Robot Inventor App.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor
Robot Inventor App
Includes 50+ activities that bring your creations to life.
A tough, walking guardian
Blast fires missiles, punches and hammers through obstacles.
The quirky helper
Charlie just aims to please… he also dances and plays drums.
Robot for any task
M.V.P. - a modular, multifunctional, brick-eating vehicle.
An advanced quadruped
Gelo is a fun, smart, walking robot who can avoid obstacles.
The sports fanatic
Tricky loves shooting hoops, playing ball and other sports.
A world of unlimited play possibilitiesKids will gain essential STEM skills as they play with the intelligent Hub, motors, sensors and almost 1,000 LEGO® pieces.
Enter the amazing physical and digital world of programmable, remote-control robots and intelligent creations. With LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor (51515), young robot fans build 5 unique, motorized robots and vehicles using the free LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App. Then they bring them to life, one at a time, using the drag-and-drop coding environment based on Scratch and complete fun activities and challenging missions (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices). And with almost 1,000 pieces, kids will love to come up with their own tech toy creations and share them with other robot fans on LEGO Life.
Level up the play experience
From the intelligent Hub with its 5x5 LED screen, 6-axis gyro and speaker, to powerful motors and accurate sensors, the latest evolution of LEGO MINDSTORMS coding robots for kids is the perfect way to help youngsters express and develop their creativity, while gaining essential 21st century STEM skills.
- With LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices).
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO® Life.
- For fans of LEGO® BOOST and kids who love LEGO building and playing with robots, Robot Inventor is a great next step. It's also a cool gift for 10-year-olds and up, be it a birthday, Christmas or any other occasion.
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long. The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others.
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included with this cool toy, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start.
- The free LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor coding app for kids includes an interface based on Scratch, digital building instructions, 50+ activities, plus Python support for more advanced coders.
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® inspires LEGO inventors of all ages to build, code and control interactive robot toys and other creations with bricks, motors, sensors and intelligent Hubs, and share them with the MINDSTORMS community.
- Since 1958, LEGO® building bricks have met the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to meet exacting safety and quality standards, so you can be sure these electronic toys won't fall apart during a mission.
- This set features Digital Building Instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- Free standard 2 to 3 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- October 17th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A Great Upgrade, but also a downgradePowerFunctionsOnTop | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOverall, I really love this set! You get the amazing new Large Technic Hub, which is perfectly compatible with the powered up motors. Instead of having to use the large bulky motors as with previous motors, you can simply use the much smaller and better powered up motors! Which is awesome! The new mindstorms motors are also pretty awesome, since they come equipped with absolute positioning. This is perfect for synchronizing walkers, and you don't have to use touch sensors to synchronize motors as with previous models, like the NXT 2.0. Absolute positioning motors are absolutely a game changer! I also do really like the new hub! It's much smaller than any of the previous intelligent bricks we got. I like the Tetris style screen a lot, it's very clean, minimalistic, and futuristic. And most of all, because this screen is so unique, it will not feel outdated at all in seven years (I'm looking at you EV3). I love every single one of the five robots, they each have a unique feature of some sort, and they're all amazing. Coding with scratch 3.0 is pretty cool, and a nice stepping stone into more advanced coding. My favorite feature is the ability to natively code with python out of the box. I also really appreciate that the mindstorms software comes equipped with the most common commands you need for python, making it easy to learn even for beginners! So what's the downgrade? For one, as of right now, daisy chaining is not supported. I have checked the specs of the new large technic hub, and it seems to be able to support daisy chaining, it's just the software that needs to be updated. Two, the lack of a converter cable from the previous NXT cable to the new powered up cable means that all the previous sensors and all the third party sensors made for the NXT and EV3 are no longer compatible with the new system. Three, Data logging is still possible, but it must be done on the app while the hub is connected to your computer or mobile device. You cannot do data logging on the hub itself. Four, the removal of the test pad. The test pad in lego mindstorms sets has been around since the days of the RCX. It was one of the best aspects of LEGO mindstorms. One of the activities for the robot tricky required him to follow a line. Many people don't have colored tape to simply make a line on their own. I had to use the older test pad from my NXT 2.0 for this activity. Overall, I love pretty much every aspect of this set other than not being able to use daisy chaining. LEGO, please make a software update fast so that daisy chaining is supported.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 10 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Robot Inventor
- October 27th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good set, fun to play around with kids, limited.Gmid | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a strong set to teach the kids programming. It has a very easy learning curve, but allows you to make it as complex as you want in the end. The flexibility is awesome, enough motors and sensors to make anything you want. The biggest miss is to allow connection to other mindstorm bricks. The old EV sets would allow this, creating limitless possibilities and complexities. WIth this new set you're limited to one mindstorms brick, with 6 ports, and no communication whatsoever. I do hope this will be added as bluetooth functionality in future software/firmware updates. Yes I would recommend, but not to replace existing EV3 sets.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Robot Inventor
- October 20th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0No Daisy ChainingAbraham1 | 25-34Purchased for: SonI’ve always been pretty interested in robotics. I remember playing with lego ever since I was a kid. When the ev3 came out, I was in my early 20s; I thought it was really awesome how you could create robots with lego and daisy chain up to 4 ev3 computers to make some incredible robots. I used to create some really cool robots in my spare time. I purchased the new robot inventor set for my 7 year old son, since I wanted him to have an interest in robotics like me. I was pretty frustrated when I found out there’s no way to daisy chain the new robot inventor system with other robot inventor computers. You’re limited to just 6 ports, and you cannot build bigger and better robots. I simply do not understand why the new system removed the daisy chaining functionality. The new system is pretty much worse than my older ev3.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Build Time: 1 daysWas this helpful?15Robot Inventor
- February 12th, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good kit, but a little disappointingPNinOC | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought the kit to get back into Lego robotics tinkering, and it's an okay kit, but it contains no touch sensors. for the price it would have been nice had Lego added a touch sensor or two. If Lego didn't plan on including a touch sensor it would be nice if they offered them for individual sale. It would also be nice if it had a similar array of components for individual part sale like servo motors and such like they had for EV3. As for recommending the kit... I would, but with reservations about the sensors and lack of additional components that make robotics interesting.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Robot Inventor