Build, code and play with Robot Inventor!Inspire minds with a physical-meets-digital world filled with interactive, remote-control robots and intelligent vehicles.
The latest LEGO® MINDSTORMS® evolution5 unique designs to build, plus fun coding and challenging activities to complete with the Robot Inventor App.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor
Robot Inventor App
Includes 50+ activities that bring your creations to life.
A tough, walking guardian
Blast fires missiles, punches and hammers through obstacles.
The quirky helper
Charlie just aims to please… he also dances and plays drums.
Robot for any task
M.V.P. - a modular, multifunctional, brick-eating vehicle.
An advanced quadruped
Gelo is a fun, smart, walking robot who can avoid obstacles.
The sports fanatic
Tricky loves shooting hoops, playing ball and other sports.
A world of unlimited play possibilitiesKids will gain essential STEM skills as they play with the intelligent Hub, motors, sensors and almost 1,000 LEGO® pieces.
Enter the amazing physical and digital world of programmable, remote-control robots and intelligent creations. With LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor (51515), young robot fans build 5 unique, motorized robots and vehicles using the free LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App. Then they bring them to life, one at a time, using the drag-and-drop coding environment based on Scratch and complete fun activities and challenging missions (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices). And with almost 1,000 pieces, kids will love to come up with their own tech toy creations and share them with other robot fans on LEGO Life.
Level up the play experience
From the intelligent Hub with its 5x5 LED screen, 6-axis gyro and speaker, to powerful motors and accurate sensors, the latest evolution of LEGO MINDSTORMS coding robots for kids is the perfect way to help youngsters express and develop their creativity, while gaining essential 21st century STEM skills.
- With LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices).
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO® Life.
- For fans of LEGO® BOOST and kids who love LEGO building and playing with robots, Robot Inventor is a great next step. It's also a cool gift for 10-year-olds and up, be it a birthday, Christmas or any other occasion.
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long. The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others.
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included with this cool toy, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start.
- The free LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor coding app for kids includes an interface based on Scratch, digital building instructions, 50+ activities, plus Python support for more advanced coders.
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® inspires LEGO inventors of all ages to build, code and control interactive robot toys and other creations with bricks, motors, sensors and intelligent Hubs, and share them with the MINDSTORMS community.
- Since 1958, LEGO® building bricks have met the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to meet exacting safety and quality standards, so you can be sure these electronic toys won't fall apart during a mission.
- This set features Digital Building Instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- Free standard 2 to 3 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- December 5th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The best Lego set ever. Ever.mikkel | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterThis is not another Lego set. This is the best Lego set EVER. It enables your child to design robotic machines that work (while learning the first year curriculum in computer science and engineering), even if your child is as young as nine. It's not about building the designs included. It's the total freedom to materialise any mechanical logically controlled idea. Enables your child to take a gaming remote control, and control a car they designed and built them self. (unlike the "predecessors" Mindstorms 31313, and Boost, the Scratch language and editor are intuitive for kids (as in "explain me like i'm 5")). Lego deserve the ultimate praise and accolades for designing this ultimate accessible product. Thank you LEGO!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Robot Inventor
- October 17th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Exciting potential, lacking some documentationGearRatio | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is an excellent set overall. The Scratch programming is surprisingly versatile, and it's nice that it can all be done on my phone! This kit is near perfect, but is missing a few things to make it truly perfect for an advanced user. For the pros, you have a very nice group of functional parts here, and performance is phenomenal. The smaller form of the motors and intelligent brick are VERY much appreciated compared to older Mindstorms models. The part selection here is solid, and will give you everything you need to make some good robots. Finally, programming is a breeze, and everything can be done with your phone! There are a few cons, most notably for me the lack of Python support at the moment. The feature is considered to be in Beta, but there is next to no documentation for the Python functions at the moment, so I can't do anything too advanced just yet. I imagine that this will get fleshed out further in the near future though, so I look forwards to it! My only other complaint is the limited cable length. I really think that Lego needs to add some cable extension pieces so that custom robots can be larger. A minor complaint, but one I do hope gets addressed in the future. Overall it's a great set and I'd recommend it if you found the EV3 or NXT to be a bit too bulky to build with. Scratch support is more versatile than I first imagined, and once we get some Python documentation and examples, I expect this set's potential to really take off. Looking forwards to what the future holds for Mindstorms!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Robot Inventor
- October 17th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A Great Upgrade, but also a downgradePowerFunctionsOnTop | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOverall, I really love this set! You get the amazing new Large Technic Hub, which is perfectly compatible with the powered up motors. Instead of having to use the large bulky motors as with previous motors, you can simply use the much smaller and better powered up motors! Which is awesome! The new mindstorms motors are also pretty awesome, since they come equipped with absolute positioning. This is perfect for synchronizing walkers, and you don't have to use touch sensors to synchronize motors as with previous models, like the NXT 2.0. Absolute positioning motors are absolutely a game changer! I also do really like the new hub! It's much smaller than any of the previous intelligent bricks we got. I like the Tetris style screen a lot, it's very clean, minimalistic, and futuristic. And most of all, because this screen is so unique, it will not feel outdated at all in seven years (I'm looking at you EV3). I love every single one of the five robots, they each have a unique feature of some sort, and they're all amazing. Coding with scratch 3.0 is pretty cool, and a nice stepping stone into more advanced coding. My favorite feature is the ability to natively code with python out of the box. I also really appreciate that the mindstorms software comes equipped with the most common commands you need for python, making it easy to learn even for beginners! So what's the downgrade? For one, as of right now, daisy chaining is not supported. I have checked the specs of the new large technic hub, and it seems to be able to support daisy chaining, it's just the software that needs to be updated. Two, the lack of a converter cable from the previous NXT cable to the new powered up cable means that all the previous sensors and all the third party sensors made for the NXT and EV3 are no longer compatible with the new system. Three, Data logging is still possible, but it must be done on the app while the hub is connected to your computer or mobile device. You cannot do data logging on the hub itself. Four, the removal of the test pad. The test pad in lego mindstorms sets has been around since the days of the RCX. It was one of the best aspects of LEGO mindstorms. One of the activities for the robot tricky required him to follow a line. Many people don't have colored tape to simply make a line on their own. I had to use the older test pad from my NXT 2.0 for this activity. Overall, I love pretty much every aspect of this set other than not being able to use daisy chaining. LEGO, please make a software update fast so that daisy chaining is supported.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 10 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Robot Inventor
- October 27th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good set, fun to play around with kids, limited.Gmid | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a strong set to teach the kids programming. It has a very easy learning curve, but allows you to make it as complex as you want in the end. The flexibility is awesome, enough motors and sensors to make anything you want. The biggest miss is to allow connection to other mindstorm bricks. The old EV sets would allow this, creating limitless possibilities and complexities. WIth this new set you're limited to one mindstorms brick, with 6 ports, and no communication whatsoever. I do hope this will be added as bluetooth functionality in future software/firmware updates. Yes I would recommend, but not to replace existing EV3 sets.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Robot Inventor