Looking for a special gift for kids who love construction toy sets? This 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-Duty Excavator (42121) toy has plenty of features for hours of creative play. Boys and girls aged 8 and up will enjoy an immersive building challenge before exploring the digger toy's realistic features.
See how an excavator works
Digging, driving, rotating; there's so much to discover in this cool kids' excavator toy. Check out the shovel that moves up and down, plus the movable arm, running belts and rotating body. There’s also a detailed cabin with a driver’s seat and control panel. The set comes with extra LEGO brick ‘stones’ to dig and 4 cones. When it’s time for a new challenge, the model rebuilds into a tracked tractor with backhoe.
A rewarding build for young LEGO fans
The LEGO Technic universe offers advanced building toys for LEGO fans ready for their next challenge. With realistic mechanisms, these rewarding sets are a great way to introduce kids to the world of engineering.
- Whether it’s a birthday, Christmas, or ‘just because’ gift, young construction fans will love building and exploring this 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-Duty Excavator (42121) toy set.
- Packed with realistic features, this digger toy set lets kids see how construction vehicles really work. Check out the moving shovel and arm, plus running belts, just like on a real excavator.
- When kids are ready for a new challenge, the 2-in-1 toy model rebuilds into a tracked tractor with backhoe.
- This cool excavator toy for kids is ideal for boys and girls aged 8 and up who love construction vehicles.
- With the authentic cabin and control panel to explore, it’s easy for kids to imagine life on a construction site with this cool excavator toy.
- Role-play is easy with this cool set. There are 4 cones to manage the building site, plus extra LEGO® pieces to use as bricks for scooping up with the digger truck toy.
- This kids' excavator toy model measures over 9 in. (23 cm) high, with arm up,14.5 in. (37 cm) long, with arm fully extended, and 4 in. (11 cm) wide.
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe opens up the world of engineering for young LEGO fans ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet strict global safety standards.
- March 5th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Enjoyable!btatkin |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhen I saw pictures of this set, I thought it was neat but not something I wanted to buy. After some time, though, I decided to make the purchase and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this set. There are plenty of useful pieces, like four universal joints, two small linear actuators, some panel pieces and treads. The lack of a gearbox was disappointing at first, but the end result proved to be rather fun even without it. If you are new to technic, I think you will especially enjoy this set.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- March 12th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice little Technic setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's been a while since I've touched Technic, so this was a good small build to practice on; lots of detail and functionality for such a compact build. I found assembling the innumerable track plates quite cathartic. Lots of stickers though, and I'm always bad at sticking them on straight! I also found it odd that the control panel tile in the cabin has a sticker for the gauges, when Lego makes a tile with printed gauges on them. The mechanisms to rotate the digger arm are quite slow. You've got to spin it like crazy to make it move a decent speed. Additionally, it was a bit strange to me that the cabin is just too small to fit a minifigure; feels like making the cabin big enough to fit one would've been a rather trivial modification to the design. Overall though, nice little afternoon project, and I do recommend it!Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Heavy-Duty Excavator
- March 11th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Well worth the $$unfun |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this because it was new and it was an excavator. I was open minded as far as expectations were concerned because after all it is a $50 set. My Expectations were blown away as far as how everything went together, how everything worked after it was built. Definitely worth the $$ and for a Technics build it looks amazing!! Great Job LEGO designers.Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- June 7th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Purchase for Parts OnlyI would recommend this to a friend!I would recommend only purchasing this set for the parts. For $40 you get an amazing amount of specialized Technic gears, 2 lateral articulating arms and a lot of other cool pieces. All an incredible value for the price.Play Experience2.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?45Heavy-Duty Excavator