As you work to be a good role model, consider these questions:
- Do you make time at home to put aside your phone/tablet, such as during mealtimes and family time?
- Do you talk to others politely online and settle disputes in person rather than via text or social media?
- Do you often work at home on your computer/phone after the workday has ended?
- While staying aware of your child’s online life, are you respecting their privacy?
- Are you oversharing pictures or videos of your child? If your child is old enough, do you ask their permission before posting?
- Do you give others your full attention, or are you often distracted by digital devices? For example, do you take out your phone in restaurants or at the playground?