Build, learn and fuel your imagination with this LEGO® Classic 10712 Bricks and Gears set. Creating moving models is easy with these brightly colored LEGO building bricks, gears and axle pieces that will help your child develop their creative building skills. This set offers variable levels of building complexity, and makes an excellent starter set for budding LEGO builders. Includes age-appropriate building instructions for building and rebuilding your LEGO creations. Further instructions are available online where you can learn, for example, how to rebuild the included helicopter model into a drill or a windmill for even more creative play.
- Includes LEGO® Classic building bricks, gears and axles for creating simple models with fun functions.
- Features bright and colorful LEGO® pieces that allow for open-ended creative play.
- This LEGO® Classic set provides variable degrees of building complexity to suit builders on different levels.
- Visit LEGO.com/classic for additional building instructions, fun videos, ideas and inspiration.
- Comes with a brick separator to make building and rebuilding easier.
- Let creativity grow with LEGO® Classic sets!
- August 9th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great for introducing the kids to gearsI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterI wanted to find a set that I could use to introduce my 5 yr old girls to gears. This for the bill just right for them. I had them each choose a model to build in turn. The models in the instructions are easy and entertaining for them; they were very excited about each one. It would've been nice if there were extra gears beyond those used for the models in the instructions, to encourage creativity rather than just following the instructions here, but I suppose I could just get another set for that.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Bricks and Gears
- February 4th, 2019Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Where... are the gears?!Purchased for: SonThis seems like a nice set of bricks - but it's called "Brick and Gears" - where are the gears? There are a few axles in it - but where are the gears?! Which of these parts count as gears?6 February 2019Keith, Customer ServiceHi there, thanks for your review! Since this is a LEGO® Classic set, it doesn't feature the kinds of gears you might expect in a traditional LEGO Technic product. The gears being refereed to to are the black and yellow angular wheel pieces, which can be used to create simple working mechanisms as seen on the back of the box. It's a great introduction to gearing for young LEGO fans!Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Bricks and Gears
- October 6th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Why was this retired!?I can't see an obvious replacement for this set. Why was such a good basic set retired? What is the new equivalent?
Response from LEGO SHOP7 October 2021John, LEGO® Customer ServiceWe retire sets regularly to make room for better and better ones, but you'll find many similar creative bricks assortments at LEGO.build/Classic-BV. We're also happy to help you find the next set to let your creativity grow!Was this helpful?55Bricks and Gears
- December 18th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I would recommend this to a friend!Lego did awesome on this! My only complaint is the helicopter looks incomplete. Otherwise great! I'm 13 not 14.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Bricks and Gears