Children can create unlimited exciting adventures with this awesome LEGO® Monkie Kid™ mech toy: Spider Queen’s Arachnoid Base (80022). The posable mech has lever-operated attack pincers and opens to reveal a minifigure prison and the Spider Queen’s lab for building robotic spiders. A hot gift toy for trend-setting kids, this unique playset features 6 minifigures, including Monkey King and Monkie Kid with The Golden Staff, which converts into a flyer for battle action.
Digitally enhanced building
Find clear, step-by-step instructions in the box and add to youngsters’ fun with Instructions PLUS in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, which lets them zoom in on and rotate the model on screen while building the real thing.
Build and learn
Inspired by Monkey King tales from the classic Journey to the West novel and rooted in China’s culture and values, LEGO Monkie Kid sets help youngsters develop bravery, resilience and optimism through creative building and play.
- Let children create their own awesome battle stories with this LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy playset (80022), featuring the Spider Queen’s Spider Arachnoid Base mech/mobile HQ.
- Includes 6 toy minifigures – Spider Queen, Syntax, Monkie Kid, Pigsy, Monkey King and a civilian – plus weapons and accessories including The Golden Staff, which converts into a flyer for Monkie Kid.
- The posable Spider Queen mech/HQ features lever-operated attack pincers, and the spider’s ‘body’ opens to reveal a detailedlab and minifigure prison.
- This premium-quality, 1,170-piece LEGO® set offers a rewarding build and unlimited play potential. It makes a super birthday or holiday gift for trend-setting, creative kids aged 9 and up.
- Measuring over 10 in. (25 cm) high, 13.5 in. (34 cm) long and 17.5 in. (44 cm) wide, the spider mech is a unique toy that kids will be proud to display and show off to their friends between playtimes.
- Includes step-by-step instructions and make building extra fun for kids withInstructions PLUS, in the LEGO® Building Instructions app, including tools to zoom and rotate the model on screen.
- Collectible LEGO® Monkie Kid™ building toys reimagine the Chinese legend of the Monkey King through innovative storytelling, inspiring children to develop their creativity, resilience and optimism.
- LEGO® components meet rigorous industry standards to ensure they are consistent and compatible for a simple, strong connection every time.
- LEGO® components are tested in almost every way imaginable to make sure that they meet stringent global safety standards.
- March 26th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Stunning Spider but a Few FrustrationsDrustan | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love this spider. It has a cool color scheme, imposing size, and is likely the most polished and largest arachnoid build LEGO has created. Also, the fold-out base feature and front leg movement works wonderfully. But a few frustrations are still present when trying to move it or use on any sort of carpet. Build: The build is quite varied. The middle, back and legs are all very different and cool. However, building six large, identical legs got a bit tedious. It was fun to discover little secrets and stickers along the way. Play: When I finished building on my carpet, I was immediately disappointed that I couldn't get it to move! Most of the legs get stuck and prevent any sort of motion. Also, the front leg function, while it works great on a smooth surface, can also get stuck in even short carpet lengths. When used on a flat wood surface everything worked much more smoothly. However, most of the motion comes from sliding, and not wheels, even though there are black pieces holding up the entire front of the build. The base on the back is quite fun to open and use, but is the only really good place to grab the spider to move it. Display: This thing is huge, and shares a similar footprint to the Monkie Kid Dronecopter. It looks really nice displayed next to other Monkie Kid builds, especially the other spider builds and looks good from pretty much all angles.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Spider Queen’s Arachnoid Base
- May 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0One of the best sets I ever built at this pricePlato | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have wanted to build a Lego set for a few months now, and I was looking at Technic sets but wasn't terribly impressed. Then I saw this and it was love at first sight: I MUST HAVE IT. This set is simply awesome. It's a ton of fun to build, and I am extremely happy with how it came out. What you get for this price is amazing. The set takes much longer than I anticipated to build, it's complex, and utterly enormous. The rear body opens up for a Mighty Max-like playset. The front legs move with a lever, and you can freak people out with it. This is one of the very best Lego sets I have ever built in my entire life. Absolutely recommend.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Spider Queen’s Arachnoid Base
- March 2nd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0TBONYT | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfReally good I wish we had more interior but still a good build would recommendPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Spider Queen’s Arachnoid Base
- March 14th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Spider Queen’s Arachnoid Base.Dean73 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLong time builder, first time reviewer. This is my first Monkie Kid set and it does not disappoint. The set is absolutely amazing. I love LEGO sets that have cool villains and this one hits the mark perfectly. I can’t wait to purchase more sets from this theme in the future. I also enjoy sets that have great playability and this also hits the mark as well. Great job LEGO, keep it up.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Spider Queen’s Arachnoid Base