Reach supersonic speeds with this huge, aerodynamic LEGO® Technic Air Race Jet, featuring a blue, black and red color scheme with racing stickers and an array of intricate technical details and motorized functions, including an adjustable jet nozzle for vertical or horizontal takeoff position, hatch access to a spinning fan, opening fuselage, retractable undercarriage, and adjustable flaps. Manual functions include working front steering, movable tail rudders and an opening cockpit. This robust and highly detailed 2-in-1 model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding build-and-play experience and can be rebuilt to create a Private Jet.
- Includes a LEGO® Power Functions motor for an array of motorized functions, including an adjustable jet nozzle, opening fuselage, retractable undercarriage and adjustable flaps, plus working front steering, movable tail rudders and an opening cockpit.
- Check out the blue, black and red color scheme with cool racing stickers.
- Activate the LEGO® Power Functions and adjust the jet nozzle for vertical takeoff.
- Open the fuselage doors, lower the undercarriage and prepare for landing.
- Perform supersonic aerial maneuvers.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 1,100 pieces and offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 10-16.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Private Jet.
- Batteries not included.
- Air Race Jet measures over 9” (23cm) high, 22” (58cm) long and 14” (36cm) wide.
- Private Jet measures over 8” (22cm) high, 24” (61cm) long and 20” (53cm) wide.
- Free standard 4 to 6 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 5 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing functions and a beauty!SuperKungFu | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really enjoyed this build, you can really tell they thought deep on the individual functions. It's very similar to an F-35B aircraft with a lift fan and re-directional nozzle. If you choose to build the normal jet version: just with one flip of a button it can open up the lift fan, spin the blades, lower the flaps and nozzle. Another switch allows it to auto gear up or gear down. That's truly amazing from a lego. Another surprise is that this kit is a 2-in-1 build so you can also do another version of the aircraft: a private jet. I prefer the look of the private jet, although doesn't have that cool function of the Vertical take-off and Landing like the jet race version, it does have spinning engine blades and gear up/down option. I would highly recommend this!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- in 5 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Superb set with fabulous instructions!PMac | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all, this is the first time I've had a LEGO set for nearly 40 years. After watching LEGO Masters on TV, I looked online out of curiosity and saw the Technic range. Instantly I knew I had to have a go at building one. I settled on the Air Race Jet and I wasn't disappointed. The set offered a challenge whilst the instructions (which are unbelievably good!) kept me on the right track. The set is bigger than I imagined and remarkably sturdy (even for my clumsy hands), the working undercarriage and VTOL power functions are excellent. This may have been my first Technic set but certainly won't be my last. I am already planning my next big build and consider myself to be a confirmed AFOL!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 14 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- in 6 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another must-have Technic set!Officer | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe Technic design team really nailed this design. Designing a vehicle with power functions and gearing is one thing... to do it in an aircraft, maintain a sleek appearance, and fit all the gearing and motors inside? That's simply amazing. I would consider this a challenging build. You definitely need to pay attention to each piece, its location, and connection points. It was fun though to construct and definitely felt rewarding. The play factor is decent. You do need to hold it a bit carefully. This set is more of a display piece. Some things you might not notice from the box picture: 1. When the motor is on, the fans on top and below are spinning. 2. When you use the VTOL control, the bays on top and bottom will open up revealing the fans spinning. The rear engine will also point down. 3. The landing gear control will raise and lower the gear and once lowered it remains decently locked. 4. You have front nose wheel control and rudder control via knobs. 5. Remember, this is a challenging build! I would suggest assisting anyone who isn't a teen with this set. Overall, this set has entered my top 10 of LEGO products.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- in about 2 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0True “technic” setCsasvC | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhat a great design, the mechanics structure insid is really something else. Very not just buckle to buckle like other set. But really some structures for the landinggear. Looks great and gear works great. With this pris. Quite worth itPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 8 hrs 36 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet