Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
Build this LEGO® Power Functions IR receiver into your LEGO models and add amazing movement and functionality with a click of the remote control (available separately, see item #8885 or 8879)!
- IR Reciver has 2 outputs that connect up to 2 different LEGO Power Functions.
- The LEGO Power Functions IR RC system operates on 4 different channels enabling you to control 4 different models at the same time. Use 8885 IR Remote Control or 8879 IR Speed Remote control to control functions on the IR Receiver!
- The reaching distance of the infra-red RC system is at least 30' (10m).
- Requires battery box (Item #8881), not included.
- This item is Version 1. Version 2 is not available for individual sale.
91% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- March 29th, 2008Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Ingenius!I would recommend this to a friend!This is way cool! Who would of thought to make a remote and reciver for LEGO motors? I play and build with my M-motor,IR Reciver,battery box and remote control(read my reviews on these too)all the time. Compared to item #8287 Motor Box set the wires are much better on all the Power Functions toys. If you are looking at price they both cost about the same if you buy a M-motor,IR Reciver,battery box and remote control. So if you also need extra parts with your motor get #8287. If you just want motors and such you should get Power Functions.Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
- June 3rd, 2010Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0RC your inventions!I would recommend this to a friend!This is a great pruchase if you have power functions. It's a bit pricey comapred to the motors though. If you want to remote control something like a car, this and the remote are a must buy. The range is quite high, and even at the highest range the readings are very accurate, but just like all of the other power functions elements I own, I had to replace this because of a fault in the connector brick. This problem is because I played with it way too much. If you have this same problem please say so in a review so I know that my power functions were all defective. Must buy, but beware of this problem!Play Experience5.0Value for Money3.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
- February 2nd, 2014Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Still shipping v1 receiversNige |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought four receivers, expecting by now that Lego would be shipping v2 of the receiver that does not restrict power to the motors like v1 ( The v2 receiver has been around a while with the 9398 crawler). Can Lego please make v2 available for purchase and state in the description the version so that we know what we are purchasing.Play Experience3.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
- October 4th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0GoodI would recommend this to a friend!It's well built and reliable, just still looks it has ancient technology so Lego could think of getting new motorised systems for the future. I works fine but still on batteries. The Horizon Express train CREATOR EXPERT SET doesn't come with power functions included so had to buy it. I found it too expensive, you could have made a Pack set for this and all other equipment with the train above mentioned.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
Shop more like this: