Coding Express is a creative, intuitive and versatile solution that introduces preschoolers to early coding concepts that naturally sparks their curiosity, creativity and desire to explore and learn together. Based on the ever popular train theme, the highly versatile LEGO DUPLO solution allows children to make connections and intuitively explore early coding concepts, such as sequencing, looping and conditional coding, while developing problem-solving skills , critical thinking, collaboration, and social and emotional skills.
The child led free optional app provides four areas for preschoolers to explore: Journeys, Characters, Music and Math. The different themed activities change the way the action bricks behave, altering the effect on the train. The activities are open ended and preschoolers will practice a variety of skills relevant for early childhood development.
Journeys: Tags as destinations – sequencing events and language
Characters: Tags as emotional reactions – action/reaction and social and emotional development
Music: Tags as melodies/instruments – exploring, sequencing and looping sound
Math: Assigning values for movement – exploring action/re-action
he LEGO Education Coding Express makes it intuitive and fun for preschool children to learn early coding concepts and critical 21st century skills through playful, hands-on learning with LEGO DUPLO bricks.
Key learning objectives to develop early coding and critical 21st century skills
- Early coding skills
- Conditional coding
- Language and literacy
- Problem solving
- Express ideas with digital elements
- Features 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks
- Key features include Push & Go train with lights and sounds, motor, color sensor that interacts with 5 colored action bricks, and 2 railroad switches
- Easy in-the-box getting started materials include: Getting Started activities, introduction guide, large poster, and 6 building inspiration cards to build 12 unique models
- Teacher Guide includes 8 online lessons: 4 lessons use the physical set and 4 lessons use the digital app
- 8 short online video tutorials
- Free optional app for iOS and Android app included
- App includes 4 themed activities; Journeys, Characters, Music and Math, that allow preschoolers to collaborate and interact with the physical toy train through a digital medium
- Face-to-face training is available for in-depth understanding of how to successfully implement the Coding Express teaching solution into your teaching
If you are an educator buying these products for schools or to deliver other accredited learning, please click on the link below for more information on how to source and use these solutions to deliver learning outcomes tailored to your local education requirements, such as options on classroom packs, professional development offerings and advice on classroom solutions. https://education.lego.com/shop/find-distributor
Are you a home user, looking for a way to provide home learning activities for children of all ages? Whether they’re in the classroom or the living room children have big imaginations, innate curiosity, and a desire to explore and take risks. All you need are the resources to tap into them. LEGO Education wants to help. Hands-on learning provides a medium for building ideas and models while practicing important skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
For more than 40 years, LEGO Education has been developing educational solutions based on a well-established educational theory that children learn best and remember more through hands-on experiences. Our products aren’t toys - instead home use of LEGO Education Learning Resources is intended to be a highly rewarding education experience that supplements locally applicable curriculum needs.
LEGO Education offers pre and post-sale support to ensure LEGO Education resources are used as effectively as possible in a learning environment. Contact our Customer Services team.
- Free standard 4 to 6 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.