Volcano Exploration BaseVolcano Exploration Base4.555659.
Take part in the big discoveries with the Volcano Exploration Base, featuring a volcano with eruption function, mobile operations center with detachable truck cab and side opening lab, large excavator with extendable hammer arm that moves up and down, drone with spinning rotors, wheeled dumper, ‘lava' boulders with crystal elements inside and various tools. Includes 6 minifigures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: a female scientist, scientist with heatsuit, female worker, male worker and 2 adventurers.
- Features a mobile operations center, excavator, wheeled dumper, drone, boulder rack and a volcano with an eruption function.
- Mobile operations center features a detachable truck cab with space in the back to carry a boulder, rolling wheels and a side that opens to reveal the operations center.
- Excavator features an extendable hammer arm.
- Wheeled dumper features rolling wheels and a handle.
- Drone features spinning rotors.
- Use the lever to trigger the volcano eruption.
- Set the boulders in the boulder rack and use the excavator to crack them open and retrieve the crystals.
- Accessory elements include 4 boulders, 4 crystal elements, shovel, pickaxe, walkie-talkie, camera, crowbar, drill and a metal detector.
- Headgear accessory elements include 3 hard hats, baseball cap, adventurer's hat and a heatsuit helmet.
- Volcano measures over 5” (13cm) high, 6” (17cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep.
- Boulder rack measures over 2” (6cm) wide, 2” (6cm) deep and under 1” (2cm) high.
- Mobile operations center with truck measures over 4” (12cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Excavator measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 3” (10cm) wide.
- Wheeled dumper measures over 1” (4cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Drone measures over 2” (6cm) long, 3” (10cm) wide and under 1” (2cm) high.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 12 monthsAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Why did baseplates die?GeoLego | 25-34So I'm a geologist. Which meant I loved the fact that some volcano sets showed up, especially with women among the scientists. (We'll just ignore that the kind of stuff in the sets has no place in real volcanology...) However, even though I anticipated that the actual volcano would be the best part, I was dismayed to find that the bulk of it is big single molded pieces instead of actual bricks. Plus, instead of sitting on a baseplate, it was an awkward amalgamation of four quadrants, each itself already two separate base pieces. All of this was 'held together' by random colored pieces in the interior. I say 'held together' because in many cases, it was not together in the least. Because the big dumb molded volcano pieces are awkward to click into place, I tried to pick up the whole thing and press from beneath as well. Bad idea given the precarious internal manner of holding it together. More times than I cared to count, something inside popped out of place because of the amalgamation of 8 small plates as a base. I really wanted to love this volcano, but the silly design left a very bad taste in my mouth.Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Volcano Exploration Base
- in almost 3 yearsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0If you only get one volcano set, this would be itChetManley | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonLove this set, most parts are great; truck, trailer and the volcano are all excellent. I love the details on the trailer like the crowbar and instruments. It has everything you need to collect, move, break open your boulders and then have your scientist study the contents. So the play value if it's your only volcano explorer set is very good. As I've found the other sets do add to the fun though! The volcano is rather large, but a doddle to assemble thanks to the colour coding going on inside it. A couple of minor things though, the dumper isn't great, a seat wouldnt have hurt and again the repetition of minifigure heads.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volcano Exploration Base
- in 12 monthsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0It's just funBuddsaboy | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Son4yr received this set as a present and really enjoyed blasting balls from volcano. The set has a variety of play experience and time consuming as many components to build - none of which too challenging. Probably best enjoyed due to the number of various pieces and imaginative free build possibilitiesPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Volcano Exploration Base
- in 12 monthsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Xwing1 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Overall this is a very good set. I am a bit dissapointed in the volcano though. It was too symetrical with the lava flowing in the exact same place in the exact same way on all sides. I wish that it was a bit more realistic and had a big stream of lava on just one or two sides. I also wish that the drone operator had something to stand on. I made a cool rock formation for him, and it looks a lot better.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsWas this helpful?45Volcano Exploration Base