If you’re looking for a gift for kids who love construction-site role play, this LEGO® Technic™ Skid Steer Loader (42116) is sure to keep them busy. Boys and girls aged 7 and up will enjoy building the loader – and that’s just the start! Once they’ve built it, they can create endless construction adventures as they check out the vehicle's realistic features. A 2-function bucket for scooping, operator's cab, control panel, roll cage and front and rear lights give kids everything they need for hours of creative play.
When kids are ready for a new challenge, the model rebuilds into a Hot Rod. Getting started is easy because this cool toy includes Instructions PLUS. Available in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, this digital guide includes zoom and rotate tools, plus ghost mode, to help children build.
Engaging building toys
The LEGO Technic universe offers advanced building toys for young LEGO fans who are ready for their next building challenge.
- Give young construction fans a treat with this cool LEGO® Technic™ Skid Steer Loader (42116) toy construction set. Authentic details include a bucket for lifting and scooping.
- Kids will love building the loader before checking out all of its features, like the opening cab, bucket that lifts and tilts, control panel and roll cage. Then the model rebuilds into a Hot Rod.
- With realistic details, this is a toy that kids will return to time and again as they role-play different adventures onthe construction site, roadside or farm.
- If you’re looking for a gift for boys and girls aged 7 and up, this high-quality model is a great choice.
- The Skid Steer Loader model measures over 3.5 in. (9 cm) high, 5.5 in. (14 cm) long and 2.5 in. (6 cm) wide.
- Kids can rebuild this 2-in-1 model into a Hot Rod for even more construction fun.
- Instructions PLUS is an interactive guide that makes building extra fun. Available in the free LEGO® Building Instructions app, it has zoom and rotate tools to help children build independently.
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced building toys for young LEGO fans who are ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and form a secure connection every time – it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet stringent global safety standards.
- April 14th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Small but mighty!Trun | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI had a lot of fun building this little loader! It was easy to put together with pieces chosen to be different colours for different lengths, which I appreciate! This is only my third Technic piece but the one I was most excited about. It's a simple design but that's part of the appeal -- clean lines, built solid, and the lift is really smartly designed. It does a whole lot with only a few pieces! It definitely takes some coordination to pick things up with the scoop. It takes two hands because of where they're placed. I'm really impressed with how well it works and the range of motion on it. It could be altered to a forklift very easily. The scoop can hold a lot of items and weight without tipping down to drop them, likewise the loader is balanced so that wherever the scoop is positioned, it is firmly on all four tires. It's a great size to go with Lego City vehicles! I've included pictures with the little bulldozer from the City line. Minifigs fit in the loader's seat :) This little guy is going to fit right in with my city trucks and construction site. No stickers in this kit to worry about.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Skid Steer Loader
- March 23rd, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0It is okPizzaBoyBrix | 25-34Purchased for: SelfIt is a good introduction to technic but the scoop doesn't work that well. It definitely pairs well with the technic excavator. All in all a small decent lego set!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Skid Steer Loader
- January 6th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Good part and moneyThomos | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGood value and good for young children for statt lego collectionPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Skid Steer Loader
- February 6th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0a good diggerChiltonCamaro | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThis set was so good I rote a review. I like the bucket and how it moves up and down.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Skid Steer Loader