Know a race car fan who would love to drive like the Stig from TV’s BBC Top Gear? Let them put their skills to the test with this awesome LEGO® Technic™ (42109) App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car. First, they can have fun building the rally car toy, discovering all the elements that make this Rally Car model work. Then the adrenaline builds as they try out cool moves – all using the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ App. Powered by a smart hub, the app allows super-precise movement, giving endless play combinations with authentic sound effects. Choose from different control screens to drive forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake and tackle obstacles. They will also get real-time feedback, including a speed and tilt log and can test out their skills in the app’s racing challenges section. There’s inspirational content and videos to discover in the app too! LEGO Technic sets bring an advanced building challenge for kids and adults who love to learn new engineering skills.
- Let race car fans take on a driving challenge with this LEGO® Technic™ app-controlled Top Gear Rally Car (42109). It’s operated via a smart device with 3 screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for compatible devices.
- This toy rally car model is controlled via the LEGO® Technic™ CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 1 XL motor and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun.
- Build the car. Download the app. Get ready for action. With multi-function control, drivers can go forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, or play sound effects and get real-time feedback!
- Looking for Top Gear gifts or LEGO® gifts? Racing fans aged 9+ will love this toy building set.
- At over 10” (26cm) long, 3” (10cm) high and 5” (14cm) wide, this motorised toy car is the perfect size for driving or for display. Please note: this set is not compatible with LEGO® Power Functions systems.
- Building can start without batteries but to enjoy the full power of digital play with the app controls, you’ll need to pop 6 x AA 1.5V batteries into the Smart Hub.
- Getting started with this app-controlled toy is super-fast as full, easy-to-follow instructions are included in the box.
- LEGO® Technic™ plastic model kits are thoroughly tested to make sure every one of these unique toys meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- January 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Tonight.. I build a rally car!everywAIR | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs I would've never purchased this set for the RRP, I luckily got it as a birthday present. The building of the car is actually really exciting and sports a few techniques amd features I have never seen before. Connection with a mobile device is really easy, I cannot wait to actually take the car outdoors to see what is it capable of as space indoors is quite limited for me. I think the price could have been a bit lower and I understand those who refuse to buy the set because of it. BUT I always try to compare this £25-30 to a few pints or a pizza dinner that disappears really quickly.. So what are you waiting for..? Order the set! :-)Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- May 29th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Top Gear Rally CarLegoNutter1983 | 35-44So first off this is a great looking model. It’s got some really nice details but sadly that mostly comes from the many stickers it has. I would say the kit is expensive considering the number of actual parts so I’m guessing most of the cost is in the 2 motors and the Bluetooth hub. The build itself is quite simple and didn’t take that long which was disappointing considering the price but still a fun build. Lastly driving with the app. This is good fun as you can use gyro control as well or even drive manually where you pick the speed. It is unfortunately WAY too slow especially when driven in auto mode as despite the name never seems to want to get into top gear. Overall this is a nice kit to build but it’s too expensive, there’s too much reliance on stickers to give detail and it’s woefully slow to drive. I got this as a birthday present so I am quite disappointed with it, might not have been if the car was twice as fast. LEGO you can do so much better than this.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- June 8th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0pieces potential, but poor modelhideandtweak | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this set with the project of using the motors and pieces to help me make MOC cars. So I'm not really disappointed. Overall, I think the price is decent when you compare to powered up items sold separately, plus it comes with many pieces. I have a few problems with this rally car. - There is a problem in the front wheels alignment which make it lean left when supposed to go straight. Also, the design does not make it possible to fine tune it. - The car is really heavy, so it's not as fast as it could be, and make it almost impossible to climb hills. - The powered up app does not have any instructions so I guess I'll have to figure out myself how to program. I'm lucky to already have done a little programming a few years ago in university, but I'm pretty sure I'll struggle a lot to make something out of it... and look for advices. I guess for now I'll stick to the rally car template. But for kids, it could have been nice to have a friendly user environnement to use the motors.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- February 8th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun build, fun to play withWilS | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's kind of rare for me to play with any set after it's built. I generally admire it for a while, take it apart (space concerns), and come back to it later to start over. This was a lot of fun to actually play with after it was complete. One question... Is mine the only one that pulls to the right? Even after re-calibrating the steering, it routinely pulls. Thinking it has something to do with the differential (?) at the rear axle...10 February 2020Emily, Customer ServiceMuch like a real car...sounds like something might be a little off in the alignment. We'd recommend double-checking your build to make sure everything's in the right spot and that gears have enough room to turn. (Especially make sure the space around the gears is even on each side!) If you need a hand with troubleshooting, you can always get in touch at LEGO.com/service.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car