Starter KitSERIOUS PLAY®
Year of the Tiger gift with LEGO® purchase over 85 €, valid 10/01-27/01 while stocks last.*Learn more
Small parts and Small Ball.
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® program is a radical and innovative process designed to enhance business performance through building with LEGO bricks.
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Starter Kit is for one person to use. The Starter Kit provides a rich variety of LEGO bricks needed for a workshop that goes beyond a basic introduction to the LEGO SERIOUS PLAY methodology. The kit is applicable for the introductory skills building as well as the deeper imagination and problem-solving aspects of the workshop.
- Selection of standard LEGO bricks combined with a few DUPLO elements.
- Selection of special elements such as wheels, tires, windows, trees, mini figure parts, tubes, globes and small base plates
- Imaginopedia booklet with simple model building instructions LEGO skills building
Note: The Starter Kit does not come with any kind of instructor’s manual. Training in how to design and facilitate LEGO SERIOUS PLAY workshops using the Starter Kit can be obtained through the LEGO SERIOUS PLAY Community.
- Due to the nature of Serious Play, there may be minor element substitutions. Functionality and fun will not be impacted!
- December 17th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0LEGO SERIOUS PLAY Starter Kit ReviewI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLEGO SERIOUS PLAY Starter Kit is a part of LEGO SERIOUS PLAY collection. LEGO SERIOUS PLAY is not a regular LEGO set. It is designed for workshop use in teams or in organizational context. This means that a meaningful use of this product relies on a trained LEGO SERIOUS PLAY facilitator of one of the global LEGO SERIOUS PLAY communities such as Serious Play Pro. Please refer to LEGO dedicated SERIOUS PLAY website for further information about the background of the method: http://www.lego.com/en-us/seriousplay/ LEGO SERIOUS PLAY Starter Kit consists of a box that contains 214 items, including: - LEGO SERIOUS PLAY 24 page Imaginopedia brochure, which describes the core elements of LEGO SERIOUS PLAY method: 1) constructing, 2) giving meaning, 3) making the story. - Set of ordinary LEGO bricks, including 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 2x2, 2x4, 2x8 and some transparent bricks; - Set of large DUPLO bricks, including 2x2, 2x4, a transparent 2x4; - Plates, including 8x8 base plate and small plates: 1x10, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 2x8 (incl with holes), 2x12, 4x6, 4x8; corner plate: 3x6, round black turnplate with 4 central knobs. - Connectors, incl: string, string with knobs, flexible rods, corrugated PVC pipe, cross axles - Wheels, tires, bearings - for cars, helicopters, gears for machinery - Hinges and turntables for moving parts - 2 minifigures with helmet, hat, black tophat, hair and crown and 1 dead skeleton - Some special items that serve as metaphors for discussion: white pillar, green bush, bridge, ladder, satellite dish, small shovel, whip, flowers, transparent meteors, windows (both with frames and transparent glass), jet engines, aeroplane wings, flag poles, french tower, gold coins and gold bar LEGO SERIOUS PLAY Starter Kit is primarily intended for workshop use where the kit can be used by a single workshop participant to engage in different exercises, tasks and engage in LEGO SERIOUS PLAY moderated discussion for 15 minutes until max 4 hours. If you plan to engage in a longer LEGO SERIOUS PLAY session in larger groups then I would strongly suggest to go for LEGO SERIOUS PLAY Identity and Landscape Kit (art. 2000430) with Connections Kit (art. 2000431).Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Starter Kit
- September 2nd, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent productI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfPlease, read the product's description! This is an excellent product for team building at adult corporate events. I've used Lego in this context, and it works!Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Starter Kit
- January 23rd, 2014Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0shabby buy...I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAt first I thought this set was going to be great. I mean, its a box filled with a lot of cool LEGOs and minifigures! But, when I got the starter kit, I released something: 'Wait, did I just spend $40 on a small box of LEGOs? The priding is overall ridiculous. $800 for LEGOs? That is deffinetly out of range for any average parent or kid/teenager. The thing that would defenitly get my attention would be either a SERIOUS PLAY minifigure kit, or a SERIOUS PLAY kit that focuses on walls and buildings. But hey, thats just me, overall, I give this set a three out of ten.23 March 2014Nicholas, Technical Product Specialist, LEGO® Consumer ServicesThank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this product, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the content of the Serious Play Kits. Serious Play Kits are designed for businesses to enhance innovation and performance within a work group or professional team. It is based on the belief that everyone can contribute to the discussion, the decisions and the outcome. For more information visit: http://seriousplay.com. Again, we appreciate your comments, I'll be forwarding them on to our web team as valuable feedback.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Starter Kit
- June 7th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great for what it's meant forI would recommend this to a friend!If you don't quite know what SERIOUS PLAY is, you'll probably want to stay away because this set won't make much sense. No, it's not referring to advanced builders, but is a method for enhancing business performance. I've met parents who got SERIOUS PLAY sets thinking they're an educational or advanced line, and are disappointed with what they actually get. The seemingly random pieces are to allow for greater variety in models, and the "instructions" aren't really that at all, but just a way of getting people to familiarise themselves with how to put pieces together. Even if not using for SERIOUS PLAY, it's great if you basically want a kit to tinker with to help think through an idea, as the varied pieces give you more options. I just wish the US price was cheaper - the Australians only have to pay the equivalent of US$28 and that includes 10% tax!Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Starter Kit