Introduce your Star Wars™ fan to a rich LEGO® brick galaxy of lovable droids, exciting missions and coding fun for kids with the LEGO Star Wars BOOST Droid Commander set. This interactive robot toy puts your child in command of 3 app-controlled Star Wars LEGO droids: R2-D2, a Gonk Droid and a Mouse Droid, each with their own personalities and skills. Using the free LEGO BOOST Star Wars app, your young commander builds the droids, inserts the Bluetooth-controlled Move Hub into the one that will solve each mission, and brings it to life using the intuitive drag-and-drop coding environment (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices). Your youngster then constructs tools, weapons, targets, obstacles and lots more as they progress through over 40 exciting missions – they’ll love it! This set makes a great birthday or Christmas gift or just a gift for any occasion. It also helps youngsters develop their critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, introduces them to basic engineering and robotics, and, just as importantly, lets them play in a rich and expansive galaxy filled with unforgettable icons like Luke Skywalker, X-wings, the Death Star and many more.
- Kids will learn to code and develop creative problem-solving skills as they play with this interactive STEM toy, featuring 3 buildable LEGO® Star Wars™ droids and over 40 interactive missions.
- This fun LEGO® Star Wars™ tech toy for kids includes a color & distance sensor, interactive motor, Move Hub and 1,177 pieces – enough to build all 3 lovable R2-D2, Gonk Droid and Mouse Droid LEGO figures. Please note that only one robot can be brought to life at a time using the included Bluetooth-controlled Move Hub.
- Buildable props include rocket boosters, a catapult, a cake shooter, a target, color decoder, obstacles and many more.
- Kids aged 8+ will love building the robot toys using the free LEGO® BOOST Star Wars™ app, attaching the tools and weapons, and bringing them to life to solve fun, challenging missions with the easy-to-use coding environment. Visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices.
- This great Christmas, birthday or gift idea for any occasion features unforgettable characters, locations, sounds and music from episodes I-VI of the Star Wars™ movie saga, which kids and adults will love to interact with.
- LEGO® brick R2-D2 measures over 7” (20cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide. LEGO Gonk Droid measures over 7” (18cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide. LEGO Mouse Droid measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
- Free LEGO® BOOST Star Wars™ Droid Commander app is available for selected iOS, Android and Fire smart devices. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- Includes LEGO® Light Brick.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 11 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0My 10yr old loves this set!Carrie124 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonOnce we got AAA batteries and the app installed, we were ready to go! I really liked the animation in the app and how it played out like an interactive story. The 3D instructions were awesome too! I, like other reviewers, would have liked a hard copy of the instructions and pieces included, but my son didn’t seem to mind. (This 5 brick rating is solely from the perspective of a 10 yr old). Unlike other sets, the fun doesn’t stop after building! A kid will have hours and hours of fun with coding and discovering what these droids can do! The app and coding program is geared towards kids. They are the target audience and they love it! Adults like step by step instructions for how the app works and what all the little buttons do before they start (smh). Kids just play and discover!!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Droid Commander
- in 3 monthsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice STEM with Star Wars themelegobam | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonBought for my son 9yr old. He was able to use the app and build the droids. He was engaged for hours and had fun tweaking the program beyond the mission assigned. Worked great on his ipad and was great it was direct download to run. Would like a pdf of the steps to play/interact without having to do a mission, but still great purchase.13 December 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback! We've added two new ways to access the instructions. In-app, just tap the gear icon to get to the settings menu. From there, you'll find a link to the instructions, no need to complete a mission. Or you can head to LEGO.build/BI to download a PDF version.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Droid Commander
- in 3 monthsAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Bring your LEGO to lifeAcira277 |I would recommend this to a friend!My 10 year old son loves LEGO, Star Wars and coding so I thought this would be the perfect set for him. First, you need a smart device so you can download the LEGO Boost Star Wars app which has everything you’ll need to build, code and play. Secondly, you will also need six AAA batteries. My son had a hard time trying to build just going off of the app, I think including a hard copy with the LEGO set would really help (not just for the kids but also for the parents trying to help them). Once he had the characters built he was able to use the move hub in the character of his choice. The app was a little difficult for him to use at first but once he got used to it, he was able to use the droids in different missions. There is over forty of them, so your child is sure to be entertained for hours. Another thing to note, you will need to have your Bluetooth on your device to use the app and also the microphone. The microphone permissions is in case you want to transform your own voice into a Star Wars character. You can opt out of this if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Overall, I think this is a great set for kids who like LEGO and who want to explore more with coding. The age says for kids 8+ Years of age but I think it would be too challenging for anyone under 10 years old.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?35Droid Commander
- in 3 monthsAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good Set, but missing some optionsBrickBemis | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI like the set and it was a fun build, but I am disappointed that I have to do missions in order to unlock the accessories in Bag #12, would prefer an option to just skip the mission if wanted. Also, I would like to have the option to purchase the Move Hub and additional pieces so that I can keep the individual droids in one piece without having to take them apart and but them back together.
Response from LEGO SHOP9 September 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We've including the building instructions for the accessories as part of the missions because you will build and rebuild them during the course of different activities. If you want to view the instructions without playing the missions, though, just tap the gear icon at the top right of your screen. That'll bring you to the Settings menu, where the instructions also live. As for getting the pieces you need to have all three robots go at once, Customer Service can point you in the right direction. Get in touch at www.LEGO.build/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Droid Commander