You were born to explore the universe! Build and inspire the next generation of astronauts with LEGO® Space rockets and vehicles – Let’s Go!
Give young space adventurers a treat with a NASA-inspired research shuttle and rover toy set. This cool LEGO® City 60226 Mars Research Shuttle playset features a space shuttle toy with opening cockpit, 2 opening cargo doors and space inside for the storage drone, rover with new-for-June-2019 articulated grappling arm, laser and tilting solar panels, storage drone with opening compartment and a helidrone with spinning rotor blade and scanner, plus a Mars scenery build with secret symbol. Give any LEGO builder an amazing building experience with Instructions PLUS, available in the LEGO Life app for smartphones and tablets. The easy-to-use, intuitive building instructions let them zoom, rotate and visualize their creation using the special ghost mode as they go. Instructions PLUS is also great for younger builders, guiding them through the building process for a greater sense of independence and achievement. This exciting exploration playset also includes 2 astronaut minifigures.
- Includes 2 LEGO® City astronaut minifigures.
- This building set for kids features a space research shuttle with opening cockpit, 2 large opening doors and space inside for the storage drone, plus a NASA-inspired Mars rover with new-for-June-2019 articulated grappling arm, laser and tilting solar panels, storage drone with opening compartment, plus a helidrone with spinning rotor blade and scanner to read a secret symbol discovered on Mars!
- Accessory elements include a helmet with blue visor, Extra Vehicular Activity suit with golden visor, scanner and 2 new-for-June-2019 geodes with blue crystals.
- Use the LEGO® Life app to access the intuitive Instructions PLUS building instructions. Help even younger builders through the building process, with easy-to-use zoom, rotate and ghost-mode functions to visualize their creations as they go.
- Download LEGO® Life the app at the iOS or Android app store. Ask your parents' permission before going online.
- This fun construction toy makes a great gift for kids.
- Research shuttle measures over 3” (9cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
- Mars rover measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Helidrone measures over 1” (4cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- Storage drone measures over 1” (3cm) high and 1” (3cm) long.
- Mars scenery build measures over 1” (3cm) wide.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 17000 Ft!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in about 12 hoursAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Fairly, out of this worldTonni | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfDream come true!!!! I’ve been a lego fan from a very young age. Since then, my time just deteriorated. I always thought of my dreams of a toy space ship and a functioning crew. I looked through all the sets of 2019 space and wasn’t disappointed. I finally took one home. The LEGO “Space satellite service”, for ten dollars! I was stoked and even picked up two. The unboxing seemed odd but nonetheless satisfying every time you dump it out. It was one of the most pleasant sets if not the most I’ve had in a while. A week later I figured to go and grab another yet bigger set. The new capsules from the “Mars shuttle” looked like it came straight from Interstellar!(Awesome). The $40 gave me high expectations! I had researched quite a bit on the company. I love it, the founders and the people. Mostly the philosophy. “Quality”. Every set I gotten was either awesome or awesomeER. THIS sets been completely photoshopped to the point where the capsules are white. Once opened the capsules are Blueish gray whittled.(I know, it’s a bit to much of a rant for a toy). But I missed the quality. And the space sets I love and hope will continue. Anyways apologies to anyone who made it to these words. That was that. But overall I think it’s a great set that has great pieces for collector-builders. I just don’t know if LEGO is saving money in the long run or if it’s to help the environment.(I had customized it a bit) This years sets was literally a dream come true! Thanks again LEGO! Hoping next year is a better space year for everyone. And everything-Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 2 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Mars Research Shuttle
- in about 1 monthAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Needs a RunwayJonnyQuest | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGuessing here, but I think the "story" behind this set is that astronauts in orbit around Mars in a space shuttle are controlling a Mars drone and robotic exploration rover on the surface, then a rocket box (?) lofts a rock sample up to the ship for study. You get a little of everything, here: a shuttle, two astronauts, a six-wheeled rover, flying drone, rocks, and return box. If you're looking for a Lego "sampler" of the new City Mars Exploration set, this is probably it. Two gripes: the landing gear is too small for a shuttle this size, and the shuttle "cargo bay" will only fit the astronaut and a box, not a satellite or anything larger. The shuttle would not be able to land on Mars unless astronauts on the surface build a runway! Still, I think there's good play value and parts value here and if you can't swing the price of the whole series, this is the one to get for your budding astronaut.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Mars Research Shuttle
- in 6 daysAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Spaceship!Pezz | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfRelaxed build over 2-3 hours with some background movie watching, then dismantled it and rebuilt it with my niece of 4 and grandfather the next day and we all had a blast! (Thrilled to bits to see my niece thoroughly enjoy her first taste of Lego!) The set design is wonderful, a number of sections I found to be particularly clever in their design and it's a delight to build. The stickers and off-axis parts like the engines and wingtips give it a ton of flair, really adding to the already existing details and the shuttle alone would make for a great display model. The inclusion of the rover and tiny drone are a pleasant bonus. Lego at this time is very much a luxury for the big kid that is me, it's something I can afford but rarely, so I'm picky with which sets I generally go for and I must say absolutely that this set is fantastic value for money. You will end up with, as mentioned, a great, and surprisingly sizeable display piece with oodles of character. Should you wish to break it back down again, there are plenty of unique and useful bricks that can augment other space sets or create something new entirely, I am still exploring the rebuildability of this set and I'm excited by the possibilities! I had to dock (pun intended) one star from the final score, as I do feel there are a few minor and/or subjective cons to this set. My first is the landing gears, I feel they're far too small (I think I am not the first to mention this) and somewhat fragile-feeling. The cockpit canopy could in my opinion be designed to affix more securely, or with some kind of hinge system (It's affixed via the white 2x2-pin wedge on the nose) as it's a touch wobbly-feeling overall. And lastly the grip of the rover's claw doesn't really interact too well with the things it's supposed to, for me at least, and it's difficult to get a good grip on the samples for example for display or play purposes and that for me does bring down its play experience *ever* so slightly. I say this after having to go hunting for a sample brick that pinged-off and under furniture! :P Overall a solid 9/10 set. Great design, satisfying build, tons of play value and great value for money makes this a worthwhile set to grab for those looking to start their City/Space collection!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Mars Research Shuttle
- in about 1 monthAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun Funbdd0316 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy 4 year old wants to be astronaut so we got this set for him. We both had a good time putting it together. Directions was so simple a 4 year old can do itPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mars Research Shuttle