Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
Build this LEGO® Power Functions IR receiver into your LEGO models and add amazing movement and functionality with a click of the remote control (available separately, see item #8885 or 8879)!
- IR Reciver has 2 outputs that connect up to 2 different LEGO Power Functions.
- The LEGO Power Functions IR RC system operates on 4 different channels enabling you to control 4 different models at the same time. Use 8885 IR Remote Control or 8879 IR Speed Remote control to control functions on the IR Receiver!
- The reaching distance of the infra-red RC system is at least 30' (10m).
- Requires battery box (Item #8881), not included.
- This item is Version 1. Version 2 is not available for individual sale.
91% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- December 26th, 2008Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A great additionI would recommend this to a friend!I like these remote receivers. They're fairly compact (about the size of an old mini motor) and each one can control 2 functions. They also have 4 channels. They're quite handy, especially for moving objects or things where you couldn't easily access a power switch. I do wish the reception was a touch better, but it works fine as long as you point the remote straight at the receiver. Definitely a good buy.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
- February 20th, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0IR RecieverI would recommend this to a friend!I almost threw up when I saw the price! If you're going to make a remote control Lego vehicle then you'll NEED this, And Lego takes advantage of that... Can't do much about that. It's pretty compact and fits well into a set, but you can't attach bricks onto the top. I like the fact that the red and blue marks tell you where the left and right motors attach. Pros: Pretty long distance. Color-coded for left and right. Cons: Price. Price. Price. $15.00+. If you plan on buying it, you need to be prepared to pay up.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
- December 8th, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Full review from Range, to Model it is here.I would recommend this to a friend!This is a very good Piece of equipment, if you just have a motor and a battery box and looking into making your models RC this would be very helpful, It has about a 25-30 Foot range Indoors, and about a 15-20 Out doors. This has been a fan loved piece so there where three types, Most people don't know about that this one had a older one it looked the same and acted similar, It had a 10-15 Foot range inside and about 10 foot range outdoors, I would recommend buying it from a place like LEGO because they are only selling the 'Newer' one, The V2 Featured in the Rock crawler has better battery to motor power usage, so the motors spin the same speed but the battery uses less power, I have the V2 and I think it has a little better range (though I haven't tested it yet) I can't say what to do right now, Wait and get the newer one (though it isn't much better then this one) Or just have this one Because we don't know if this could come out in a day or a year it is a hard choice. Value for money is excellent, $12 to make awesome RC models is totally worth it. They do break after about 3 years I have just had my oldest one pass its life time. Play, Wow all I can say is that these make your model that much better. They are so fun whether it is from Driving your LEGO train around the Christmas tree, to Driving your LEGO Jeep outside this is perfect for every place. Unlike most of the PF parts I don't know if this is water proof, the motors are and I have tested them but I don't want to test this. Mainly for Technic building, it has two front Pin holes then the rest of it is studded. The video I attached is of my Jeep I built and it is showing my Technic model using this part. This is outdoors and I am about 10 feet away at the time.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
- January 28th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best PurchaseAdamblg |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAwesome. not too difficult. each channel has two sub-channels.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Receiver
Shop more like this: