How we keep your data safe
Since the LEGO Group began in 1932, our motto has been “Only the best is good enough”. We take inspiration from those words in everything we do and especially in how we protect your information.
When you contact LEGO Customer Service, we may collect, use, store and share the following data about you:
- Your name, delivery address, billing address and contact details including your phone number and email address.
- If you have a LEGO Account, we will register your LEGO Account with the order and your order history.
- If you are a LEGO Insider, we will register your LEGO Insiders card number with the order and, if relevant, register points you’ve earned or rewards you’ve redeemed.
- If you are a LEGO Life member, we will register your LEGO Life membership number.
- If we’re helping you with a LEGO.com order, we may process your payment details and we share those with your chosen payment provider and our payment processing partner. The personal information you give to some payment providers including PayPal, may overwrite the invoicing details we have on record for you.
If you’ve given us your consent, we may also collect additional data about you (e.g. if you’ve consented to cookies or have signed up for LEGO Insiders, LEGO Account or our newsletters).
- Fulfill and manage your order by sharing your personal information with trusted third parties who provide warehousing, packing, shipping, delivery, fraud detection, fraud prevention and debt collection services.
- Change your LEGO Insiders points balance if it needs to be updated.
- Store your personal information with our trusted cloud storage partners.
- Send you product catalogues in the post by sharing your personal information with trusted third-party mailing and postal services.
So we can protect our customers, we work with a partner service which uses automated decision-making processes to detect and prevent fraud. If your order’s affected, we’ll let you know and if you’re unhappy with any automated decisions, you can ask us to carry out a review.