Sydney Opera House™Sydney Opera House™4.7805541.
Recreate one of the 20th century’s most distinctive buildings with the Sydney Opera House™ model. Build the unmistakable shell roofline, waterfront forecourt and more with this authentic representation of Australia’s most iconic building. Employ a variety of new and advanced building techniques to recreate the complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing of the real thing! Collect lots of dark tan LEGO® bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes, as well as a 48x48 stud baseplate in blue for the very first time!
- Features advanced building techniques for complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing
- Includes hard-to-find dark tan LEGO® bricks, tiles and sloped bricks
- Sturdy construction allows the model to be handled and moved
- Build this model of a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- Collect the 48x48 stud baseplate, available in blue for the very first time
- Recreate Australia’s architectural masterpiece!
- Measures over 11" (28cm) high, 25" (63cm) wide and 15" (38cm) deep
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in almost 6 yearsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Not all that hard for $400ZacA | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Selfit was a great set and all but I think for an expert product it was a bit to easy, especially for the price of nearly $400 in Australia.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 7 hrs 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Sydney Opera House™
- in over 6 yearsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Wowjyoung27 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!I had been looking forward to this set coming out since it was initially announced, and I must say, it doesn't disappoint. It is absolutely beautiful in design and the level of detail is fantastic. Compared to the other landmark sets that have come out, this one is by far my favorite since the Statue of Liberty set, mainly because it did not feel like I was doing the same thing over and over again like with Tower Bridge. Something is always a little bit different with each section, so I didn't find myself getting bored and having to push myself to finish up. It did require a close eye on detail, though, as it was easy to overlook some pieces, and on some pages of the instruction booklets the beige and grey pieces looked the same and I put the wrong one down. The brick separator tool that comes with it will become your best friend. The set is much bigger than I anticipated and it looks great with all of my other sets. Overall, I would highly suggest it, despite the steep price. It took me about three days to build and I loved every second of it. It definitely helped that they numbered the bags of bricks with the instruction booklet they would be used in, as there are four booklets with this set. If you're a relatively advanced set builder, you will love this.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sydney Opera House™
- in over 6 yearsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Syndey Operare House - tremendous fun for AFOLsNightSerpent | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!The Syndey Opera House set is amazing and provides great fun for AFOLs! My wife loves architecture and I have to admit that this set has blown me away as well. With 4 building instruction booklets which can be assembled in parallel, we decided that each of us builds the parts of 2 booklets in parallel. Building in parallel it took us approximately 3 hours to assemble the whole set. If built by a single person, its probably around 6-7 hours build time. The instructions are easy to follow. There are also a number of neat new building techniques included in this set, particularly in the foundation of the smaller white standalone shells at the back of the building. In terms of new LEGO pieces we have not seen elsewhere, there were also a couple new ones in this set. For example black technic pieces with a joint ball on a brick arm with 1 axle and one regular hole. This piece was used to anchor technic bricks with holes onto which the white shells got attached in bricks with ball sockets. Obviously, the construction of the white shells for the roof due their unusual form and angles provided the richest new building experience. Once the individual parts (2 for the foundation, the major shells for the roof, etc.) were built, putting them together was seamless. And the result breathtaking! Its amazing with how much precision the LEGO designers captured the geometry of the real Syndey Opera House in this set. We have it now on display in our living room.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sydney Opera House™
- in about 1 yearAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Don't get me wrong but....Ozbimmer | 25-34Purchased for: SelfWhen I saw this set I was really excited. As an Aussie living abroad having something like this to display the most iconic building after the Sydney Harbour bridge in your home was hard to pass up. I really like a lot of things about this set but couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed with the overall value and build difficulty factor. The good stuff. This set is big, like properly big and for that it is impressive, it has good likeness to the actual building but the sails look a bit clunky up close and that's just the limits of Lego. The model is fairly sturdy and can be moved with ease and the front third of the model can be disconnected with out any real disassembly. There are some nice little details like the lamp posts around the outside . The disappointing parts: There are a lot of really large pieces used to make the majority of the model and while the building techniques are innovative and clever there weren't any really challenging steps. At the end of the day it was significantly more expensive and less fun to build than the tower bridge and has literally no functionality at the end of the build apart from being a display item. A possible way to improve it would have been some lift away panels and interior detail say for the main stage...but I would also guess that would add some serious $ to the already steep price tag. All in all I would say there are better models to drop this kind of cash on but if you're looking for an impressive ornament this may be what you want.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Sydney Opera House™