An action-packed set for crane toy fans. Anyone who loves discovering how mega-machines work will have lots of fun with this LEGO® Technic™ 42108 Mobile Crane. It’s a challenging build, perfect for LEGO Technic fans looking for a model packed with functionality. A feature-packed crane truck for construction site fun With its classic black and yellow design, this model looks just like the real thing. And with a mighty range of realistic features, it operates just like a real crane too. First, steer and drive the vehicle to the right spot. Then use the outriggers to secure the crane in place. From the crane cabin, raise the boom and extend the telescopic arm – see how high it reaches! Then use the hoist to carry the concrete pillar – great for role-play, or just for testing what this mega-crane can do. An immersive and rewarding construction site toy This is a challenging and advanced build from the LEGO Technic universe, bringing the world of engineering to life.Building Instructions
- See how a real crane works with this action-packed LEGO® set for construction fans. Steer the truck, put out the outriggers, raise the boom and hoist the concrete pillar.
- There’s plenty to learn about engineering and movement with this cool building toy. 8-wheel steering, 4 individually controlled outriggers, 2 cabins and super-high telescopic arm all add up to create an awesome crane!
- Have fun building this challenging model. Then explore what all the different features can do. Use thepillar to put the crane through its paces before moving the truck to the next job.
- Crane fans aged 10+ will love this amazing LEGO® Technic™ (42108) set. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for the best gifts for anyone who loves LEGO Technic and is ready for a new building challenge.
- The thing you'll notice about this LEGO® crane is its size. With a 30” (78cm) crane arm, it's certainly tall! Its impressive dimensions make this a super display model at 18” (48cm) long and 4” (11cm) wide.
- No batteries are needed for this crane truck toy. Just bring curiosity and a desire to build to get started!
- Eager to get building? Let’s go! With easy-to-follow instructions included in the box, the fun starts straightaway.
- Open up a whole new world of building fun for LEGO® fans young and old with LEGO Technic™. With cool vehicle designs and awesome functions, the fun goes on long after the model is built.
- Construction toys need to be tough. So, it's good to know LEGO® Technic™ sets meet the highest industry quality controls. That means building kits that connect easily every time.
- LEGO® Technic™ pieces are tested to the extreme to create toy building sets that meet the highest global safety and quality standards. Great news if you're looking for the best gifts for a LEGO fan.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
Importer to the UK from 1 January 2021:
LEGO Company Limited
33 Bath Road
Slough SL 1 3UF
100% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.8out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.7out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating3.4out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.9out of 5 stars
- February 1st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastically designed, and a joy to build.Travisrd | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's such a cleverly designed set. It caught my eye more than anything else in the store, I couldn't leave without it. And it's even more impressive having it in front of me.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane
- January 22nd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0So much fun for a great valuefyaras | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy son is 5 y/o and he received this as a birthday gift. He is a LEGO monster and he loved the set. It is so much fun to build and geniously designed. By the way, I think there is a typo in the instructions on page 216 at step 356. The blue piece should have been 2x but there it says 1x.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane
- March 22nd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.05 starsshangfeng | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI found it pretty easy, I like it because it has many functions. I recommend this to people who like Technic sets.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane
- October 13th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Play ValueBrickthus88012 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe Mobile Crane 42108 has plenty of functions for the price, especially on discount! The functions are simple but effective; whilst larger sets would have winding handles for things, this one has pop-down stabilisers. The steering is above average for Technic sets but might still be improved for how far it turns; the turning circle of the crane is still longer in proportion to its length than a real crane. The principle of it is good, with 4 sets of steerable wheels. For its scale and functions, this set would make a good basis for a larger mobile crane, using 2 or more sets, perhaps as large as one would fit in most homes! Real cranes can have at least 9 sets of wheels and it would be possible to make at least 5 sets steer like the real one. One of the main attractions of this set is the extra-long linear actuator, also featured in 42100 at a much higher price. The yellow panels are those well-suited to crane building. To get a general mix in yellow, for more versatile building of construction machinery, add set 42114 for more shapes. The controls are easy to use, steering from the lights on the cab and crane functions from the knobs on each side. The string is long enough for the hook to reach the floor if the crane is on the sofa. This crane compares with the one that was prescribed from multiple sets in the original 3-digit Technic set instructions from 1977-1982. The price is about the same as what one might have expected to pay for the 4 sets back then. This crane exceeds the functions of the previous one by 2 sets of steering and achieves it functions more simply. I would have been overjoyed to receive this for Christmas as a child of 8-11. It compares well with older sets 856 or 8851 that I had when I was in that age range; I played with nothing else! For a child younger than the recommended 10+ age group, either the child should be ahead in building ability or it might be a parental build in advance of Christmas Day. Some sets are definitely not a "Christmas Eve build" for a parent but this one I would recommend starting a week before Christmas, rather than a month ahead for other sets! After the crane, there are plenty of wheels to rebuild the set as 2 vehicles, though I might keep this one built for longer than average, compared to other Technic sets. It can be agonising to take apart some of the better sets but building My Own Creations allows builders of all ages to consolidate their learning by applying the techniques they learn from the instructions. That can build engineers. The only improvement I would make would be to have a box that could be opened as a tray. Those that do, I keep for building and sorting till the glue fails. The split into 3 sets of bags means that the box from a £40 set could be reused for building each stage. Doing that means that reuse can precede recycling. This is a set I would put on watch early, to see when it is discounted by the retailers. Don't leave it till the last minute to buy one.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane