High-end excavator replica modelHigh-fidelity replica model, operated via the LEGO® TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs and 7 motors.
Realistic features and motorised functionsRotate the superstructure, operate the boom and bucket, drive forwards and backwards and record movements using a smart device.
Explore innovative engineering
Developed in partnership with Liebherr, with over 4,000 parts.
Includes access ways, cockpit, extensible ladder and more.
Powered by advanced technologies
3 XL motors and 4 L motors for realistic functionality.
Advanced smart hubs
Includes 2 smart hubs for control using a smart device.
Operated through the free LEGO® TECHNIC CONTROL+ app.
Perform complex manoeuvres with ease.
A highly rewarding building experienceLEGO® builders are introduced to advanced elements of engineering as they build this Liebherr R 9800 Excavator replica.
Get ready for a colossal LEGO® build and play experience with the 4,108-piece LEGO Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. Developed in partnership with Liebherr, this replica model is operated via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movement and amazing functionality, while delivering endless authentic digital play combinations via 4 different control screens with cool graphics. The Multi-function control screen enables users to drive the machine in all directions, rotate the superstructure, extend and raise the boom, open and tilt the bucket, play realistic sound effects and get real-time feedback, such as boom position, power usage and drive distance. With the One-touch screen, users can use drag patterns to control the boom, arm and bucket, while the Custom-built movements screen enables them to choose pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements. And, with the Challenges & achievements screen, users can complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- This excavator model features the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app for a more immersive and realistic play experience and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is operated via a smart device with 4 alternative control screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket and get model feedback, such as boom and superstructure position, power usage and drive distance.
- One-touch control: Select an on-screen drag pattern and see the excavator respond to your command.
- Custom-built movements: Use pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator with an array of true-to-life features and functions, finished with an authentic color scheme and cool sticker detailing.
- Includes 3 XL Motors, 4 L Motors and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart Hubs.
- Smart Hubs feature Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- The app allows users to connect to multiple hubs, ensuring precise and true-to-life movements.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- This excavator toy requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This LEGO® Technic™ construction toy introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering.
- Not compatible with the Power Functions systems.
- Liebherr R 9800 Excavator measures over 15” (39cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 10” (27cm) wide.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- April 25th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great setAndyJ69 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Loved doing this build. Instructions spot on and didn't mind the amount of pieces per set of bags. Now Lego, bring out a low loader Transport that will carry this :)Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 18 hrsWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- October 30th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.042100 is the best technic kitKrissbuff | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhen I seen this kit available I immediately knew this was a special build. The size of the finished model is very impressive and the controls are easy to use. Starting the built with the tracks and base with the motors I found the 1st bag contained a lot of peices. This could have been split up in to smaller bags to save the hours of sorting before the build starts. Bags number 2 is the main body of the It's the same with this, larger number of peices that could have been broken down in to smaller bags. Bags 3 build the main boom arm and bucket functions with the remaining bags 4, and 5 for detailing. This monster of a build has 7 motors and 2 smart hubs that connect to a smart device for pin point controls. While building this kit the instructions ask to test the hub as your building. I found that the app would not connect to the hub if all connections were connected. This was frustrating with the 2nd hub but after figuring out to plug all motors in for the test then it connects fine. I have had issues with the tracked hub where it would get "stuck on" even after closing the control + app and I've had to reset the hub by holding the button for 10secs. The control + app is very easy to use and the one touch, and programmable functionality is really good fun. I would highly recommend this kit for everyone and being a 30 something adult there is nothing like digging up large amount of legoPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- July 20th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0End results is greatMetalknights | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Self1000 steps, completed under 9 hours over 4 sessions while I was working from home. Love the amount of motors involved. No missing pieces. Steps were easy to follow, app sync perfectly and calibrated properly as well, very good set to haveLevel of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 9 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- November 14th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Good, could have moresnaio | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe whole unit itself is amazing. Nice toy to play with, if you want to "attack" your other Lego sets :)) The only small issue that i could find at this set, it was the tracks - they are a bit loose and by that, the whole unit moves a bit slower. It's still awesome. Thank you Lego18 November 2019Céline, Customer ServiceIt's so great to hear that you're enjoying our Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. It is indeed a great addition to your collection! Our designers love to hear what our fans have to say in order to continuously improve and create amazing new sets for you. For more info, get in touch with our brick experts at LEGO.Build/Service. They're always happy to help! Enjoy the set!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 10 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator