Recreate epic scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this LEGO® Droid Escape Pod with opening hatches, large engines at the back, space for 2 characters, and a detailed interior including a display showing the top-secret Death Star plans. Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.
- Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.
- Features opening hatches, large engines at the back and a detailed interior with space for 2 characters and a display showing the top-secret Death Star plans.
- Includes 2 Jawa ion blasters.
- Recreate the unforgettable opening scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide with hatches closed, and over 5” (13cm) wide when open.
- December 25th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Escape of the Droidsamazed78 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!This set consists of 197 pieces, seven stickers, of which four are very large, and three minifigures: two Jawas, C-3PO, and an R2-D2 figure. The Jawas have short legs, they are dressed in reddish brown clothes and hoods, and both are armed with different type of ion blasters. At first, their torsos might seem identical but further examination reveals that they actually aren't. Both Jawa torsos have printing on the front and back, though, but their legs have none. C-3PO is pearly gold and also his torso has front and back printing, whereas his legs have printing only on the front. R2-D2 has a flat silver head with printings going round it, a white body with printing on the front, and white legs. The escape pod is, in my opinion, a superb contraption that opens up completely. C-3PO and R2-D2 fit in in perfectly, and there are even studs for R2-D2's legs to keep him from rattling around the pod when it hurtles through space (or perhaps somebody's living room). C-3PO is the designated driver, mainly because he's the only one equipped with actual hands to grip the handlebars. The build is conducted in two stages, and is while not being too difficult, it is interesting, and the result is very cool. I especially like the looks of the trans-orange engine exhausts at the back and the way they're attached to the pod. I suspect the 2x2 black tile printed with the top-secret Death Star plans is a new piece. The official pictures of this set show gray round (possibly radar dish) pieces under the minifigures but these are not included in the set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 40 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Droid™ Escape Pod
- April 12th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Set of the YearCheezemon | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!This is really a great set! First of all, I have to say that the price is great on this set, especially when you consider what you're getting. What other set has had Jawas? The only ones I know of are the Sandcrawlers, which were prohibitively expensive for most, like me. Yet here, Lego has not just given us a Jawa, but 2 Jawas. This is an "entry level" set, and yet we're getting a highly coveted minifig in multiples. I think they are nearly worth the set price by themselves. But, it doesn't stop there because you also get the newer C-3PO and R2-D2. 3-PO is fine, but R2 is new and improved again, and this version is one that was also only available in the new Sandcrawler. I think this is the most accurate version of R2 to date, and again, to get him in a lower priced set is just great! The escape pod itself is also pretty great. Granted, it's not the coolest ship there is, but they have done a good job of rendering it in Lego. I haven't found any problems with build quality yet, and it seems quite sturdy to me. There are also some really cool little features that just make it that much cooler, like the retro looking Death Star plans and some other things. It really is the best iteration of this set. Overall, this is an excellent set! It's very affordable, you're getting an excellent selection of minifigs, and a pretty neat ship at that. Highly recommended! On a side note, I really appreciate that Lego has made nearly every set from this release affordable. Essentially, they're all under $25. This is what fans have been asking for, great sets at a lower price. Here you go, request answered!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Droid™ Escape Pod
- January 4th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0No life forms were aboard!ChrisH604 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfBought this along with the Hoth battle set, it was a very good set in my opinion, much improved on the previous offerings. I like the escape pod and the way it opens, although there are a few stickers these really add good detail to the set. C3P0 and R2-D2 are both included along with two Jawas making this a good set for mini figures with a low price tag. I'd like to see a new Tattoine Sand trooper set (with Dewback) to augment this set???? Another nice, well priced set from LEGO, well done.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Droid™ Escape Pod
- December 30th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Droid Escape Pod!Cachamoe | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!I love this set! The set itself is by far the best model lego has ever released. It's the most movie accurate, with a sturdy build, great details, and awesome minifigures. Exterior: The front has a good cone shape and finally has a window that you can actually see though (Barely but it counts). The middle gives you easy access to the inside and has 4 large stickers to give details. The back has a very nice and accurate engine set up. Interior: It is roomy for C3PO and R2, and gives 2 nice stickers on the interior panels to further add play value and detail. The computer panel is cool and the printed death star plans are SWEET. Minifigures: You get the updated C3PO and R2 which are very nice and detailed figures. But the stars have to be the jawas. You get 2, and they are different torso prints! I never thought I'd ever get them since they normally only appear in the $300 UCS Sandcrawler. This set is honestly almost worth the price just to get these jawas. I do wish they had the capes like the old ones though. I love this set and recommend it!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Droid™ Escape Pod