Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
FREE Summer Celebration Minifigure set with purchases over £75*Learn more
Small parts and Ball.
You were born to explore the universe! Build and inspire the next generation of astronauts with LEGO® Space rockets and vehicles – Let’s Go!
Give young space adventurers a treat with a NASA-inspired toy rocket launch set. This awesome LEGO® City 60228 Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control kids’ toy features a modular, multi-stage rocket with cockpit, booster and payload storage modules, and a monorail system with stops at the rocket, research area with geode retrieval training and launch control tower. There’s also a launchpad with opening tower arms, rover with articulated, new-for-June-2019 grappling arm and launch control tower with detachable window section, fold-out function and a countdown function. Kids can use a mobile device as a screen for interactive play opportunities with the City Explorers app. Give any LEGO builder an amazing building experience with Instructions PLUS, available in the LEGO Life app for smartphones and tablets.
- Includes 6 LEGO® City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director and a ground crew technician, plus a robot figure.
- Features a modular, multi-stage NASA-inspired rocket that can be customized in different ways with the booster, payload storage and 2-minifigure cockpit modules, rover with articulated, new-for-June-2019 grappling arm, space telescope with folding solar panels and magnifying glass, plus a monorail system with multi-stop track and 2 cars.
- The detailed toy playset includes an opening launch control tower with removable window, 2 desks with small screens, large screens for countdown and monitoring of the telescope and space to insert a mobile device, as well as a launchpad with opening tower arms to launch the rocket, plus a ground research area with a tile with secret symbol
- Accessory elements include 2 new-for-June-2019 geodes, 2 helmets with blue visors, a magnifying glass, scanner element, tile with secret symbol, circular saw, wrench, cell phone, 4 water elements and a camera, plus a brick separator.
- Lower the gates to stop the monorail cars along the route and help climb aboard or exit a car.
- Aim the robot’s scanner over the tile in the research area to see the secret symbol.
- Set a mobile device into the launch control tower to experience the interactive play options available when connected to the LEGO® City Explorers app.
- Drop the tower arms on the launchpad to launch the rocket and head to space.
- Use the LEGO® Life app to access the intuitive Instructions PLUS building instructions. Help even younger builders through the building process, with easy-to-use zoom, rotate and ghost-mode functions to visualize their creations as they go.
- Download the LEGO® Life app at the iOS or Android app store. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- Rocket standing measures over 16” (42cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Space telescope with wings closed measures over 3” (9cm) long and 1 (3cm) wide.
- Rover with arm retracted measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Launch Control closed measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.
- Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep.
- Monorail measures over 1” (3cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- Monorail track measures over 3” (8cm) high,14” (36 cm) deep and 18” (47cm) wide.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- July 2nd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Sons reviewMulvsta17 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!I liked my space ship so much. You should get this. It’s really cool. If you want you can bring it to our house. Oliver 5Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 daysWas this helpful?55Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- July 14th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Could be more realistictrupik | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI overall like this set but still it feels like a missed opportunity. A lot of the aspects could have been handled better. 1) There is a monorail to get the astronauts next to the rocket, but I don't know how they're supposed to get to the top. Fly maybe? An elevator would make more sense than the monorail, as NASA would probably use a vehicle to get them to the rocket. 2) I have no idea how is this rocket supposed to land. Is it just the capsule that should return to the atmosphere? There are no boosters on the capsule, maybe some parachute? Or the whole rocket without the booster? I hope this is not one of those one way missions... 3) it would be nice if the cockpit would open and close without having to basically took it apart. 4) Booster rocket tops come off all the time as another reviewer already mentioned. Shame because the designer went to some pains to reinforce the bricks with various technic pieces in other placesPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?35Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- May 9th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Space for kids :)ptsakanik | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI bought this from Athens, Greece for my son's birthday. We enjoyed building altogether. He loves playing with the rocket and launching control along with the other of the series he owns! I will definitely recommend to friends for their children as well. I small but frustrating issue is that the caps of the two small rockets do not adapt tightly on the top of the small rockets and I am thinking of ways not to glue them but find another way to attach them on the top...Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- December 30th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Shishcaleb | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: GrandsonI really enjoyed the rocket launch pad and the train feature. This was a fun set to build. I thought it would take longer, but it did not.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control