Reach supersonic speeds with this huge, aerodynamic LEGO® Technic Air Race Jet, featuring a blue, black and red color scheme with racing stickers and an array of intricate technical details and motorized functions, including an adjustable jet nozzle for vertical or horizontal takeoff position, hatch access to a spinning fan, opening fuselage, retractable undercarriage, and adjustable flaps. Manual functions include working front steering, movable tail rudders and an opening cockpit. This robust and highly detailed 2-in-1 model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding build-and-play experience and can be rebuilt to create a Private Jet.
- Includes a LEGO® Power Functions motor for an array of motorized functions, including an adjustable jet nozzle, opening fuselage, retractable undercarriage and adjustable flaps, plus working front steering, movable tail rudders and an opening cockpit.
- Check out the blue, black and red color scheme with cool racing stickers.
- Activate the LEGO® Power Functions and adjust the jet nozzle for vertical takeoff.
- Open the fuselage doors, lower the undercarriage and prepare for landing.
- Perform supersonic aerial maneuvers.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 1,100 pieces and offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 10-16.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Private Jet.
- Batteries not included.
- Air Race Jet measures over 9” (23cm) high, 22” (58cm) long and 14” (36cm) wide.
- Private Jet measures over 8” (22cm) high, 24” (61cm) long and 20” (53cm) wide.
- January 10th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fiddly Fun FlyerI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfHaving built two other big Technic sets, I was eager to quickly grab the Air Race Jet for a few reasons; I'm a general aviation fan, it had motorised parts that added to the value, and I just love the satisfaction of building big things. Coming in at over 1100 pieces, this is the biggest set I've dealt with thus far, and due to having to build it out of work hours it took perhaps a few hours longer than would be expected. This is no downside, however. When building the jet, it seems to take shape out of nowhere, as you start off at the fuselage and before you know it you've attached the nose section and the landing gear. The two things I love the most about this are that the battery pack and motor are included, which saves me having to fork out stupid money for a power function set, and linking in to that are the powered undercarriage and VTOL surfaces (the moving parts of such being the upper and lower fuselage fan covers, the fans themselves and the exhaust nozzle and the trailing-edge flaps). After that is the attention to detail, specifically the two contra-rotating VTOL fans located behind the cockpit, as well as the little throttle and control column on either side of the ejector seat, which I found to be a cute touch. If I have two gripes about this set, it's that 1) the bags aren't numbered. Even though I spread out the pieces into different containers, it still took my partner and I the best part of 5 minutes trying to find one tiny solitary piece that was not used anywhere else in the model. 2) The two panels under the nose, even when secured with other plates, are wobbly and loose. I would have hoped for a little more stability, but it's a minor annoyance since this will be sat on display, rather than be a heavy-play item. Overall I would recommend 42066 to any dual Lego-and-Aviation fan. Watch out, though, some of it is quite fiddly.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- August 31st, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0True “technic” setCsasvC |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhat a great design, the mechanics structure insid is really something else. Very not just buckle to buckle like other set. But really some structures for the landinggear. Looks great and gear works great. With this pris. Quite worth itPlay Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 8 hrs 36 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- August 8th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0good builddocbagby |I would recommend this to a friend!Challenging but worth it. Not an easy build for an oldyLevel of Difficulty4.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- August 6th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGreat set and fun build. Pick this set up now before Lego realizes they made an exact replica of an F-50 fighter jet and discontinue the model. Very detailed set of a F-50 right down to the spinning propeller blades. A must have set for any plane enthusiast or if you're in the military.16 August 2017Haley - Consumer Service Specialist, Consumer ServicesWe’re happy to hear that you enjoyed this build! While there may be some similarities between the design of the Air Race Jet and other planes, our designers created this jet in-house and it wasn’t directly based off of any existing planes. It’s great that you were able to identify with this set and find a personal connection to it!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet