Terms and Conditions
LEGO® City and National Geographic competition – enter to win a family trip to the jungles of Costa Rica.
Win a family trip to the jungle
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER AND WIN A PRIZE. MANY WILL ENTER; FEW WILL WIN A PRIZE.
Imagine your adventure in the jungle and create it: What are you discovering on the trip around the jungle? A new species of plant or animal, a lost city, an ancient temple or a mysterious abandoned vehicle…Let your imagination go wild…everything can happen in the jungle. To enter, build or draw your adventure, take a picture of your creation and upload it.
The Grand Prize Winner will, together with your family (4 persons), head off with National Geographic Expeditions to the jungles of Costa Rica in Central America! You will explore the treetops and volcanic canyon landscapes of Rio Blanco, go zip-lining through tropical forests surrounded by astonishing wildlife, visit a wildcat rescue center to meet orphaned ocelots and jaguars, and dine in a tree house!
2. This Competition is sponsored by National Geographic Partners, 10 Hammersmith Grove, London W67AP, UK and LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark (the “Sponsors”).
By participating in this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. Eligibility: The Competition is only open to children between the ages of six (6) and sixteen (16) years old at the time of entry, who are residents of the US, the UK, Benelux, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech, Romania or Russia, and who submit a valid entry to the Competition. Furthermore, it is a requirement that the Entrant have a functioning level of spoken English.
All Entrants must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee, officer, director or partner of National Geographic Partners, the LEGO Group, their affiliates and subsidiaries (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Contest Entities”). Immediate family members of the Contest Entities (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are also ineligible to enter or win a prize.
4. Entry period: You must submit your Entry within the Entry Period, which begins on 1 June, 2017 at 00:00 GMT and ends on 30 November, 2017 at 23:59 GMT (“Entry Period”). Any Entries received after this time are not valid.
5. How to enter:
During the Entry Period, contestants must visit LEGO.com/jungle. To enter, contestants must create, using LEGO bricks, or draw a creation based on the specified competition theme. The upload and submission to the Competition must be done via the LEGO City Gallery on LEGO.com/jungle and will be subject to the LEGO Group’s standard moderation mechanics, under which it can take up to 48 hours before the submission is visible in the gallery.
LEGO ID is required for Entry. Get your free LEGO ID here: https://account2.lego.com/. Ask a parent or legal guardian for permission before going online.
Void where prohibited by law.
6. Limitation on entry: There is no limit on the number of Entries submitted per person or household.
7. Guidelines, Restrictions and Travel Requirements:
• Ask a parent or legal guardian to help submit the Entry.
• Each Entry must consist of 1 picture of your drawing or LEGO brick model.
• Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, remove the Entry and disqualify the Participant from the Competition if they believe that the Entry fails to conform to these Guidelines and Restrictions.
• Once the Entry Period ends, the Entry is locked and cannot be edited. The Entry will be judged based on how it appears at the time of Entry. Pictures may not be added or replaced later. Be sure the Entry is exactly as you want it before submitting it.
• Sponsors will communicate with you through your parent or legal guardian’s email provided when creating your LEGO ID. Please make sure that they check their email regularly during the Competition and at the time the Winners are scheduled to be announced.
• The image must be in .jpeg, .tiff or .png format and must not exceed 25 MB in size, and;
• The Submission cannot have been previously published or submitted in any Competition of any kind.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights infringement;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsors or any other person or party affiliated with the Competition;
• The Submission must show only the Entrant’s creation, which must represent an object which is or could be built from LEGO bricks and other LEGO elements. Only genuine LEGO bricks and other LEGO building toy elements (including LEGO DUPLO®, LEGO Technic and LEGO MINDSTORMS® elements) may be used in the Entrant’s creation. Entries must not show any identifiable feature of any person or any product, trademark or copyrighted property of any other person or business entity.
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state, province, or other jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
• Entries related to the topics below do not fit the Sponsors’ brand values and will not be approved for publication and submission to this Competition:
1. Politics and political symbols, campaigns or movements;
2. Religious references including symbols, buildings or people;
3. Sex, drugs, or smoking;
4. Alcohol in any present-day situation;
6. Death, killing, blood, terrorism or torture;
7. Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials;
8. Racism, bullying or cruelty to real-life animals
• FOR THE ENTRY TO BE CONSIDERED A WINNER, THE CHILD MAKING THE ENTRY NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE JUNGLES OF COSTA RICA, ACCOMPANIED BY AT LEAST ONE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN ON AN AGREED DATE. THE WINNER WILL HAVE MULTIPLE TRAVEL DATES TO CHOOSE FROM.
• THE CHILD AND EVERYONE WHO WILL BE TRAVELING ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE PASSPORTS, MEDICAL INSURANCE, VACCINATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO VISAS, NEEDED TO MAKE THE TRIP.
• ALL TRAVELERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RELEASE OF LIABILITY BEFORE TRAVEL TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED.
DETERMINATIONS ON ALL OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE MADE BY THE SPONSORS IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION.
8. Intellectual Property: By uploading the Submission the Participant grants the LEGO Group a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the entire term of duration of intellectual property rights), non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for this Competition or for purposes of marketing the Sponsors’ products. THIS CONSENT EXPLICITLY INCLUDES YOUR CONSENT FOR THE LEGO GROUP TO PRODUCE AND SELL PRODUCTS BASED ON THE ENTRY. If requested, the Entrant must agree to sign any documentation that may be required for the LEGO Group or its designees to fully exploit the above-referenced license grant to the Submission. In granting the LEGO Group such license, the Entrant will represent and warrant that the Submission remains unpublished and does not in any way infringe upon any third party’s intellectual property rights.
9. Prize(s): Three (3) prizes are available.
The First Prize: One (1) First Prize is available (the “First Prize Winner”). The First Prize Winner will receive a 7-day National Geographic Costa Rica Family Expedition for two (2) children between the ages 6-17 and two (2) adults who are 18 or older (the “Expedition”) (the “First Prize”) which includes round-trip economy-class air transportation between a major international gateway airport near the Winner’s home (as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion) to San José, Costa Rica; double occupancy standard hotel accommodations (as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion); and excursions as indicated in the itinerary on the website (http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expeditions/costa-rica-family-tour/detail), and a 1-year subscription (value USD 25) to National Geographic Kids Magazine (the “NG Kids Magazine”). The approximate retail value of the First Prize is Twenty Five Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty Dollars (EUR 21,450.00/USD 25,960.00).
The Second Prize: One (1) Second Prize is available (the “Second Prize Winner”). The Second Prize Winner will receive the LEGO City Jungle Explorers standard assortment consisting of one set of the LEGO products; 60156, 60157, 60158, 60159, 60160, 60161, and a 1-year subscription (value USD 25) to National Geographic Kids Magazine (the “NG Kids Magazine”). The approximate retail value of the Second Prize is EUR 215/USD 255.
The Third Prize: One (1) Third Prize is available (the "Third Prize Winner”). The Third Prize Winner will receive one (1) set from the LEGO City Jungle assortment consisting of each box of 60159, 60160 and 60161, and a 1-year subscription (value USD 25) to National Geographic Kids Magazine (the “NG Kids Magazine”). The approximate retail value of the Third Prize is EUR 179/USD 218.
The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives are available. The prizes are subject to availability and the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal, lesser of greater value.
For the First Prize, the First Prize Winner will select travel dates from the 2018 National Geographic Costa Rica Family Expedition schedule. Dates are subject to availability. The 2018 trip dates will be released in June 2017 and may be found at http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expeditions/costa-rica-family-tour/detail. All children must be over the age of 6 years old to take the trip. The trip may contain a small number of activities which are suitable only for children 7 years old and above. All National Geographic Expeditions are conducted in English. Participants on the Expedition are expected to have a functioning level of spoken English in order to participate and benefit from the trip’s activities. The actual value of the First Prize may vary depending on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. The Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value, if any. The trip departure dates are subject to availability. In the event the First Prize Winner Expedition does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of “force majeure,” or for any other reason, then in lieu of participating in the Expedition, the First Prize Winner will have the opportunity to participate in an alternate Expedition or receive a prize of equal or greater value as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. Elements of the Expedition may change at the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Travel must be completed by 31 December 2018 or trip will be forfeited. Travelers agree to accept National Geographic Expeditions terms and conditions for the trip at http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/information/terms. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, passport, visa and permit expenses, medical expenses and immunizations, baggage/accident/cancellation insurance, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges such as alcoholic beverages, spa services, internet usage, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the First Prize Winner.
The First Prize Winner and all travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary, and travel must be round-trip. First Prize Winner and travel companions are responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel, if applicable.
10. Selection of Potential Winners and Odds of Winning: The Potential Winner(s) will be selected by a Jury Panel consisting of members from the LEGO City Marketing Team (situated in Denmark), selected members from the National Geographic Society (situated in the UK & USA) and a couple of independent people (situated in Denmark)(together, the “Judges”). Entries will be evaluated according to creativity and imagination.
The odds of winning will depend on the skill and talent of the Entrant, as assessed by the Judges, and on the number of eligible Entries received from all the countries mentioned under section 3.
Competition and judging schedule:
1 June 2017 – Submission period starts at 00:00 GMT
30. November 2017 – Submission period ends at 23.59 GMT
8. January 2018 – Winners will be announced on LEGO.com/jungle
11. Claiming the Prize: The Potential Winners will be contacted via the Entrant’s email address on 8 January 2018. Potential Winners have ten calendar (10) days from the date of notification to complete and return the Winners’ Documents, as explained below. If the Potential Winners cannot be contacted within (10) of days of notification, or fail to complete the required Winners’ Documents correctly within the deadline stated on the Winner’s documents, a new Potential Winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received within the Entry Period, in accordance with the Selection procedure above.
12. Certification of Potential Winners: All Potential Winners will be required to complete and return a set of Winners’ Documents consisting of (i) a statement of eligibility; (ii) a release of liability; (iii) a publicity release (except were prohibited by law); and (iv) a prize acceptance form. The Potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian will also be required to sign the Winners’ Documents. Upon receipt of the fully executed Winners’ Documents, and confirmation by the Judges, a Potential Winner will be certified as an official winner (a “Winner”).
The company responsible for handling all privacy data is LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark.
14. Additional Rules
• By entering a Competition, the Entrant warrants that all information submitted by the Entrant is true, current and complete. The Sponsors reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all Entrants. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove all submitted Entries if these instructions are not followed and/or if an Entrant is found to have cheated. Further, the Sponsors reserve the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative Winner) if they become aware or have reasonable grounds to believe a Winner is not eligible.
• By entering this Competition the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the name LEGO, the LEGO logo, and other trade names and trademarks (together Trademarks) of the LEGO Group are exclusively property of the LEGO Group, and the entrant must not misuse the Trademarks.
• No exchange of the Trademarks, from the LEGO Group to the Entrant, will take place in regards to this Competition.
• Entries will not be returned. All Entries, excluding the images submitted in connection with the Competition, become the property of the LEGO Group and may be used for other marketing activities.
• The Entrant agrees that the Sponsors may use the Entrant’s first name, age and town or county of residence to announce the Winner of this Competition.
• Sponsors are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entry materials, or for entries not received prior to the Entry deadline.
• By entering the Competition, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees to comply with the Terms and Conditions of National Geographic Expeditions. These can be found at http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/information/terms
• The Sponsors have no liability and do not accept any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by Entrants of this Competition to the extent permitted by law. Nothing excludes the Sponsors’ liability for death and personal injury as a result of their negligence.
• Any Entry made or attempted in a manner which in the Sponsors’ reasonable opinion is contrary to the spirit of these Official Rules, or by its nature is unfair to other entrants, will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the Competition.
• Reporting prize winnings and paying any applicable taxes, governmental fees, and other expenses resulting from winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners unless otherwise stated; Winners are encouraged to check local tax implications.
• For a list of the Winners, contact LEGO Consumer Services (https://www.lego.com/service)
• These Official Rules are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark.
LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group. ©2017 The LEGO Group.