Strategic Planner, Singapore
Are you that creative one that enjoys building your capabilities in a global organisation? Would you like to build your career brick by brick as Strategic Planner in LEGO?
The LEGO Agency is a newly formed part of the The LEGO Group that focuses on delivering best-in-class campaigns, insight driven & fit for purpose solutions across the LEGO group both developing Global Campaigns and also covering 4 main regions – Americas, EMEA, China & APAC.The LEGO Agency APAC, covers APAC markets and is focused on developing End-2-End campaigns for APAC – occasion campaigns and amplifying global campaigns with a regional twist – incl. full value chain from campaign strategy to final ins-store solutions.
The Strategic Planner position will report to the Senior Director, LEGO Agency Asia, and will be based in Singapore
Your specific tasks include:
As a Strategic Planner, will have relevant understanding of consumer insights and media trends for the region. And the ability to use them to help create impactful core concepts that will lay the groundwork for creative executions. Other responsibilities are:
• Develop clear concise creative briefs based on business briefs received from Marketing team
• Lead or take part in strategic development of core concepts
• Harness deep consumer insights and media trends applicable to APAC
• Have a strong understanding of consumer behaviour across media platforms.
• Maintain a clear understanding of strategic goals and objectives across different product franchises and global campaign strategy.
Challenges and Opportunities
The goal of the The Lego Agency Asia is to create game-changing, cross-platform work for The Lego Group in APAC.
The Strategic Planner also plays a key role in translating customer briefs from the Marketing Team into concise creative briefs that will serve as platforms for the agency and its media partners. Being able to analyze and challenge these customer briefs in a clear and constructive way when necessary will play an important part of the overall process.
Do you have what it takes?
• 5-8 years of experience in Strategic Planning from Advertising Agencies or Digital Agencies
• Strong Strategic and Commercial understanding, experience in analysing consumer and media trends and to bring this at play in the briefing process and in dialogues with creative team and customers. Elaborated experience in campaigns (in-store, online, social media, to ATL)
• Previous experience and familiarity with brands that advertise to parents with target in kids, toy category is highly valued
• Experience in marketing within APAC region
• Ability to turn complex briefs into simple and focused creative briefs
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• University degree (Media/Advertising/Marketing/Psychologist is highly valued)
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
Bringing it to Life
“Very few brands have evolved beyond mere Trademarks to become Lovemarks. LEGO is one of those brands. And being able to play a role in building it is absolutely awesome.” – Primus Nair, Associate Creative Director