Sr. General Ledger Accountant (Temporary)
Are you detailed and meticulous that enjoys building your capabilities in a global organisation? Would you like to build your career brick by brick in LEGO as a Sr. General Ledger Accountant? Learn more about this position…
The LEGO Business Service Operations (BSO) is a newly established shared service center that delivers HR and Finance services to the entire LEGO Group from 3 locations; Mexico, Czech Republic and Singapore. The purpose of the BSO is to create an effective and efficient platform for growth to support our strategy and reach twice as many kids over the next 5-7 years. As part of the LEGO BSO Singapore, you will be part of a top professional environment where the focus is on quality, learning and collaboration.
Your specific tasks include:
The General Ledger (GL) department holds a critical role within the Business Service Operations (BSO) in Singapore. The team is responsible for compliant handling of the general ledger and all engagements related hereto, which involves natural interaction with a broad range of both internal and external stakeholders.
As a Senior General Ledger Accountant (1 year contract), you will be responsible for:
• Delivering a high performance, customer- and service oriented culture where the outside-in approach is starting point for all GL processes.
• Constantly strive to optimize processes and work procedures using the LEGO Continuous improvement approach across functional areas
• Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations (local GAAPS and IFRS)
• Using Activity Based Working, actively taking part in creating a culture that inspires to collaboration, encourage knowledge sharing and incorporates exciting “New Ways of Working” in the everyday.
• Building and strengthening basic stakeholder relations across areas and geographies including collaboration and culture (incl. Business Controllers, Treasury, CRBC, Tax, Group Reporting and our auditors/PwC)
• Managing more advanced execution of GL processes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner, including
- Monthly closing - Review operating expenses, cost of goods sold and gross profit margins for reasonableness
- Booking economic transactions and operations
- Reconciliations (accounts, intercompany, bank, etc.) and translating business transactions into journal entries in accordance with IFRS to ensure all accounts are properly stated in Legal books
- Provisions and Accruals
- Provide information to external auditors and Tax team
- Consolidation Package Reports for legal entities
- Analyse financial statements/ annual reports
- Provide data, analysis and advice necessary to support financial business partners / business in decision making process
Challenges and Opportunities
The Accountant plays an important role in establishing a sustainable GL department in the BSO. We need development-oriented employees, all eager to actively engaging in building a high-performing department, valuing collaboration, process excellence, quality and fun in the everyday life
• To engage in establishing a high-performing GL department in the new BSO being able to cover China, Asia and Pacific.
• To form the standardized LEGO processes across the region in GL accounting.
• To form new collaborative relationship with internal and external stakeholders and thereby ensure sustainable implementation of the global GL processes.
• To cover a number of different locations in different countries, which requires strong cultural understanding, various ways of working and complex stakeholder management.
• To navigate in an exciting and constantly changing environment where everything is new and the “plane is built while flying” and still ensure delivery of main services to the entire LEGO Group.
Do you have what it takes?
• At least 3-5 years of demonstrated working experience from Finance function. Preferred with auditing and MNC experience
• Diploma in Accounting/Finance
• Experience in any ERP such as SAP
• Language skills: Proficient English and Japanese/Chinese
• Analytical, detail - and high-quality oriented
• Experience in working in highly collaborative environments
• Manage multiple tasks successfully
• Microsoft Office experience including Excel on intermediate level
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“The LEGO Group is a great and exciting place to work. What makes us unique is the way we live our values in our daily work. As Accountant, you will become part of a unique journey in a company that is growing. You will join a team that is focused on succeeding together, with the spirit that only the best is good enough,” - Søren Pedersen, PO&D Partner, Partnering & Operations, Billund.