Senior Mechanical Engineers for technical development of LEGO© bricks
Senior Mechanical Engineers for technical development of LEGO© bricksWould you like to influence the design and functionality of the LEGO® bricks and thus have a direct effect on children´s play experience? Then we need your technical expertise to link design, materials and production setup for new and updated versions of our world-famous toy.
Help us develop and optimise the LEGO® bricksIn Engineering and Quality in Billund, we are looking for 3 Senior Mechanical Engineers to help developing the technical design of the LEGO bricks. In the Novelty Element Development (NED), you will join 22 Element Developers with the task of developing new LEGO elements for novelty projects.
Overall, you will:
- Provide technical expertise regarding the choice of materials, production methods and product specifications for new LEGO elements
- Team up with technical mould developers to drive element development, within the right timing, costs and quality
- Collaborate closely with creative e design, marketing, production and other relevant internal stakeholders, receiving input and demands for the project in question
- Design LEGO elements in CAD that combine the requests of the creative designers, quality and safety demands, production possibilities and financial considerations
- Test prototype models, ensuring the optimal technical design and production setup
- Act as a Role model in the NED team by ensuring sharing of learnings captured, best practices in NX 3D CAD construction, firm stakeholder management and generally supporting our open feedback culture.
Changing the world - brick by brickWhen joining NED you will be part of a team that works to improve the LEGO experience by creating new and exciting elements making sure that they are as innovative and exciting to the children as we are aiming for. This is your chance to join us and be part of our global and innovative environment.
Bring your technical insights and playful mindsetYou have a talent for developing great technical solutions and can imagine nothing better than using this talent to create high quality toys. In this role, It is especially important that you can find the optimal compromise between design and production and ensure technical design solutions of the highest quality. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have a technical degree, e.g. as an engineer within plastic materials, mechanics, or moulding technology holding minimum 2 years’ experience in these fields of expertise
- Have experience in 3D CAD designing and quality assurance
- Have great collaboration skills and are ready to drive cross-functional projects
- Know how to balance creativity and innovative thinking with the realities and limits of production
- Can communicate in English, in both speech and writing
Bringing it to life
“It is highly motivating to show up in the morning and know that the day will bring us the possibility to create technical designs of new LEGO bricks that enrich play experiences for kids. In our daily work, we foster happiness all over the world by developing bricks which are made by the right compromise between creative design and design for manufacturing,” says your future colleague, Mechanical Engineer, NED, Stine Ottosen.
Join the global LEGO familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Senior Manager, NED, Thomas Madsen on +45 5234 2551
This position was posted 06-12-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the positions once we have found the right candidates.