Senior Digital Game Designer
Do you want to join LEGO® to work with one of the world’s top gaming brands on a never-before-seen product?Then grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pioneer the physical and digital play experiences for a new LEGO initiative and impact the end product.
Enable play & game experience between app and toyYou will become part of the Digital Product Technology team who – together with the Product Development organisation – deliver seamlessly integrated build & play experiences for our digital platforms. Right now, we are working on a new LEGO play experience that combines physical play with a digital gaming experience – and this is where you come in.
We cannot yet tell you the exact details of the project or who our gaming partner is. However, we can tell you that as a senior digital game designer, you will be part of the team that evolves the creative direction for the project’s play & game platform. You will work closely with the product group and the creative lead. In doing so, you will be involved in every aspect of the product and act as linchpin between the physical LEGO model and the digital world that it will navigate. You will:
• Partcipate in the process of maturing the play experience that enable digital and physical play & game opportunities
• Secure a true LEGO experience is delivered to the markets together with the team
• Create the architecture and vision for our digital and physical play & game and encourage buy-in from business stakeholders such as Product Technology and Digital Product Technology
• Secure the foundation for a scalable and maintainable experience and software game engine
• Collaborate with architects to make sure the solution architecture and road maps are documented
Set the direction for the play architectureYou will become part of a full feature team consisting of both producers, designers, and developers. Here, you will find inspiring colleagues with a great team spirit and a shared agile mindset. So, join us and develop true LEGO experiences by building bridges between physical and digital play & game, and thus creating a world-class play experience where you will contribute in setting the direction.
Technical understanding and game design experienceFirst and foremost, you will need to have a thorough understanding of the elements that make up good play & game experiences, and you will need knowledge of how technology can enable this by utilising known proven gaming mechanics. But equally important is your communication and motivational skills as you will bridge the many stakeholders and driving the innovative process. Moreover, you:
• Have a degree or demonstrable experience in game design and/or a background within game development
• Have experience in developing video games and have a sound knowledge of game mechanics, longevity systems, minute-to-minute gameplay and player control
• Must be able to demonstrate production code in one or more major game engines like Unity, Unreal, Frostbite or similar in-house engines
• Are ideally familiar with C++ and/or C# and acquainted with state machines, animation systems and character design feel
• Know how to build scalable and flexible experiences and can balance business goals against technical perfection
• Might have experience in connecting physical/digital experiences either in concrete products or as a hobbiest
Bringing it to life“This really is a unique chance to work with two world-class brands on a play experience that has never been seen before and bring life to toys via technology-enabled experiences. And you get to do this as a part of a super creative and dynamic team,” says Ralph Zitz, Director, Digital Product Technology – Digital Play Experience.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Ralph Zitz on +45 52 15 93 11.
This position was posted 29-11-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.