Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
United Kingdom, London
Are you an experienced DevOps engineer looking for a new challenge focused on site reliability of high traffic consumer platforms?Do you have a DevOps or infrastructure engineering background? Are you a true problem solver and a collaborator who naturally connects with a wide range of teams?The LEGO Group Shopper Engagement Technology team are responsible for building and maintaining technology for our shoppers – specifically on shop.LEGO.com. We are a cross functional team with end to end responsibility for our technology solutions, we work with internal teams that drive the ‘direct to consumer’ strategy and its execution.
Your specific tasks include• Scaling the shop.LEGO.com platform and taking responsibility for it’s performance and availability in production
• Designing and implementing the AWS-based cloud architecture for shop.LEGO.com
• Minimising the impact of production incidents by implementing and managing monitoring, logs and metrics systems based on common IT and security standards
• Supplying the engineering team with the right tool-set to enable them in their day to day work including working on our continuous integration and delivery toolchain
• Taking part in on-call rotation for production systems
Challenges and OpportunitiesThe LEGO Group is a global organisation with a major focus on eCommerce and omnichannel retail so there is huge opportunity to define the ever-changing landscape and be part of building an awesome LEGO shopping experience. The role sits within a small, diverse but active hand on team of technical experts – every day is different and there is a real chance to shape direction and be influential.
Do you have what it takes?• Significant experience as an Infrastructure Engineer or Application Engineer working in a team with a DevOps / site reliability engineering culture.
• Strong Linux skills and experience of working with Node.js in production at scale (our entire platform runs on Node.js)
• Strong understanding of Docker fundamentals
• Strong understanding and awareness of security principles particularly related to PCI compliance and intrusion detection
• Operational experience of managing AWS infrastructure using Terraform
• Operational experience of managing a micro services platform built on native AWS services (API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3 etc)
• Experience working with CI/CD toolchains and configuration management tools - we primarily use CircleCI and also use AWS tooling, Jenkins & Saltstack in some areas.
• Experience with central logging and monitoring systems (we use an ELK stack for logging and Prometheus and New Relic for monitoring)
Bringing it to Life
“Working on shop.LEGO.com is a hugely rewarding experience and a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a diverse and energetic cross functional engineering team. We are focused on delivering on our vision of a modern, innovative omnichannel shopper-focused experience and we like to have fun along the way!” – Niall Edwards, Director, Shopper Engagement Technology
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.