Senior Data Scientist
Market and Consumer Research
Can you drive measurable business value through the applied use of data science?
Are you passionate about helping LEGO make business decisions with data? Can you apply data science within the LEGO Group across a variety of areas to better understand our customers and help develop the builders of tomorrow? If so, apply today!
Your specific tasks include:
* Interpreting and delivering results of findings to stakeholders within the business
* Managing stakeholders to ensure that data science is delivering real value
* Effectively communicating solutions to business problems, including the use of visualization techniques and building automated dashboards
* Creating predictive and prescriptive advances models of the relationships in data
* Responsible for the design of the LEGO Group’s internal analytics products and SCRUM Product Owner
* End to end ownership of projects- taking a loosely formed brief and delivering value to internal stakeholders
* Understanding of traditional and new data analysis methods to build statistical models or discover patterns in data
* 20% of global travel involved.
Challenges and Opportunities
The LEGO Group needs advanced analytics to discover deeper insights, make predictions or generate recommendations in a quickly expanding Big Data reality. Data Scientists may sometimes be presented with big data without a business problem in mind. In this case, the curiosity of a Data Scientist is expected to explore the data, come up with the right questions and provide interesting findings. To be successful, the Senior Data Scientist should have a very broad knowledge of different techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics and big data infrastructures.
Do you have what it takes?
Strong key stakeholders management skills and championing a data driven culture
* Able to translate technical content to business audiences in a way that delivers the most value
* Track record in completing complex data science projects from end to end
* Experience with tools such as R, Shiny, Python, SQL (others like Spark & Scala are also desirable)
* Practical experience in data science, including implementation of Machine Learning models
* Exposure to leading teams or coaching junior staff members to deliver
* Delivery of data science projects within marketing analytics and/or demand forecasting is ideal
* BS or MS degree with emphasis on one or more of the following: big data, data science, computer science, computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative discipline. A PhD is a strong bonus.
Join the global LEGO® family
At the LEGO Group, we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive work environment that appreciates uniqueness and lives up to our motto “Only the Best is Good Enough”. Come to work in a purpose-driven company who celebrates children as role-models; whether it’s noshing on free snacks by the Buzz Lightyear model or engaging with global colleagues in our creative and collaborative environment, the LEGO culture will energize you to exceed your expectations.
We are also passionate in how we take care of our employees. LEGO is derived from the Danish phrase “Leg Godt” which means “play well;” we want our employees to play well and be well. From competitive pay and bonus incentives, top-notch benefits, and on-site childcare, to working with a company who has promised to leave the planet better than they found it, you can feel good about working with us. Build your career, brick by brick, at The LEGO Group. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavours to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.