Senior Concept Designer to invent the future of play
Product Design/ Development
Are you passionate about toys and do you want to develop inspiring and fun play experiences for children all over the world? Well, here is your chance!We are looking for a Senior Concept Designer with a creative, yet structured mind. You will join a team of passionate designers in Billund (Denmark) that are dedicated to understanding the play needs of kids aged 5-12 and base our most inspiring ideas on inclusive and well-researched insights.
Core ResponsibilitiesWe push boundaries to do things differently, enabling us to stay on the cutting edge of innovation. You will collaborate across teams to develop ground-breaking concepts which will become the LEGO® experiences of the future. You will play a central role in influencing how children around the globe learn, grow and develop their creative mind through the power of the LEGO® system in play.
You collect and analyse insights and translate them into strong concepts.
As a Senior Concept Designer, your key responsibility is to lead and drive innovation by capturing, analysing and translating insights into fun and inspiring play experiences that cultivate creative play for kids.
Your role will be to:
• Drive cross functional teams to develop concepts and experiences, based on strong insights and understanding
• Interpret briefs and deliver high quality concepts and designs based on the frames set by the design lead
• Drive design research applying the most appropriate processes, methods, and activities with a special focus on user interaction and trends
• Ensure strong art direction through graphics and illustration concepts
• Concept visualisation, sketching, interaction design and prototype development
• Execute products on a concept level including prototypes, 3D modelling, model building etc.
• Understand and uphold both LEGO DNA and project vision in your daily work
• Communicate concept ideas to key stakeholders (e.g. design team, marketing, leadership) in a comprehensive and simple way
• To think creatively while also ensuring that concepts are practically and economically feasible to pursue.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe position is based in Billund, Denmark. By joining us, you will inspire and develop the creatives of tomorrow. You will be part of a truly international design team that thrives on developing the world’s best building and play experiences, creating exciting new LEGO® play worlds, characters, bricks and models for millions of children across the globe.
Do you have what it takes?To be a successful Concept Designer for the Design Team, you have a solid knowledge on kids' needs and play patterns. As a team player you drive and lead a project forward and create tangible results both in collaboration with colleagues and external partners. You are a creative problem-solver who can analyse a problem and come up with solutions that will challenge traditional thinking. With a positive, open-minded attitude you always strive to do things better. You thrive in an innovative and international environment and are proficient in spoken English.
In addition, you:
• Hold a Master’s or a Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Toy Design or similar
• Have at least 5 years’ work experience within concept design, prototyping and/or product development, where you have acquired solid knowledge of research, design processes and concept development. Preferably, you have experience with toy design or designing for kids, but this is not a requirement
• Have an innovative mind, which - combined with the playful approach of your inner child - enables you to create ideas and concepts for the most critical audience
• Are on top of relevant trends and are able to translate insights into tangible product concepts
• Have an aesthetic talent - the ability to manage colours, shapes and graphics - to be able to set clear art direction
• Have strong communication skills to pitch concept ideas - both verbally and visually
Join the global LEGO® familyIf this has caught your interest, please use the APPLY NOW button to submit your application. Please include your portfolio in file (max. 2 MB per file) or link, a motivation letter, and a current CV in English. Applications without a portfolio will not be taken into consideration. We will review applications ongoing, so please apply as soon as possible.
If you need more information in order to apply, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.