WHO ARE WE?LEGO Publishing is a division within LEGO Product, Marketing and Development that is focused on creating books and magazines that support our franchises and play themes. We design our books and magazines to provide fun, attractive formats that opens our fans up to new building ideas and more in-depth knowledge of the toys and the story universes; We want to engage our fans of all ages further into our brand with a deep level of storytelling and play inspiration.
The Publishing Manager is responsible for developing and growing the Publishing business in China. This entails identifying and negotiating new relevant Publishing deals and managing the existing partnerships as well as building the relevant Publishing list for the Chinese consumers.
The Publishing Manager works hereby closely with the global Publishing team to ensure consistent quality in the Publishing development and aligns closely with the LEGO China brand teams on the relevance of the Publishing portfolio and its marketing activities.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:- Identifying and negotiating new relevant Publishing deals for the Chinese market to grow and develop the market further
- Managing and maximizing existing partnerships
- Ensuring a high quality of the Publishing portfolio in terms of consumer satisfaction, product execution and brand value match
- Excellent stakeholder management of LEGO China team on brand development and marketing efforts synergies
- Regular and close collaboration with the Publishing Director (based at HQ Billund, Denmark) and the Licensing Asia Lead (based in Singapore), as well as the wider LEGO Publishing team
- Representation and Go-To-Person for Licensing and Extended Line organization in the Chinese organization, (e.g. regular updates and presentation of Licensing and Extended Line in China and sharing back information from China with Licensing and Extended Line teams).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR- EXPERIENCE: suitable candidates has 5-7 years of work experience in similar position in Publishing, or Licensed Publishing or Brand Management with focus on content, storytelling and consumer engagement.
- EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor degree in relevant disciplines
- OTHER: great partnership management skills, strong collaboration and networking skills, confidence in presenting to an audience, Self-sufficient and self-managed. Passion for Children’s Literature and the LEGO brand and an eye for good editorial content.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: excellent in both Chinese and English
ATTRACTIONS TO THE ROLE
This is an exciting and varied role which involves working in a highly motivated and inspiring global Publishing team.
The job entails close collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders and management of dedicated external partners across the Publishing value chain.
This role gives the opportunity to both excel within business development and to influence the publishing portfolio list for the Chinese market in creating innovative new titles and ultimately the support the brand awareness of the LEGO brand in the Chinese Market.
JOIN THE GLOBAL LEGO® FAMILYIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.