PR & Events Manager
Can you think out of the box to improve buzz around one of the strongest brands in the world?This is an outstanding opportunity to help the LEGO® brand achieve top minded awareness via driving buzz and engagement among consumers and shoppers across South-east Asia.
Core ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a high-caliber expert in PR & events who can generate effective PR for various consumer events / product launches and develop strong relationships with media/influencers – with an objective to recruit more kids and grow consumer sales.
• Drive top of mind awareness for the LEGO® brand via enhancing buzz and engagement among target consumers and shoppers across priority SEA markets
• Develop strong and effective PR communication plan including innovative ideas at affordable cost for various activations e.g. consumer events, product launches, social occasions
• Lead event planning closely linked to the aligned brand activation calendar to maximize consumers sales and PR
• Manage external PR/activation agency, and execute PR plan including press releases, story pitching, media kits in joint collaboration with the agency
• Build strong relations with mainstream media, influencers (across different passion points) and other key external partners
• Lead crisis management, corporate PR and represent the LEGO Group at media/partner events
Critical Metrics would be:
• Growth in Consumer Sales
• Reach/value & Efficiency of PR
Engage in our team's successes!This incumbent will be in the South-east Asia business unit (SEA BU), covering 12 markets – a mix of direct coverage (Singapore, Malaysia) and distributor coverage (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam among others). The overall focus is to accelerate business growth via recruiting kids and adults fast-growing footprint across retail channels.
This role is part of the BU marketing organization, which includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Trade Marketing, PR & Events – all reporting to the Marketing Director for the BU. There is also a strong regional APAC marketing team to support BU marketing efforts.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years experience in PR/communications/event planning in branded goods industry preferably in categories such as Sports, Fashion/Novelty Retail, FMCG, Snacks/Beverages
• Excellent communication skills – written and presentation
• Creative thinking
• Strong collaborator and able to work across various internal functions and external partners
• Strong ownership and a can-do attitude
• Willingness to travel regularly to SEA BU markets
• Knowledge of any languages spoken in South-east Asia is a bonus
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.