PlayDay Programme Director (Employee Engagement & Social Responsibility)
PlayDay Programme Director (Employee Engagement & Social Responsibility)Are you passionate about PLAY and the LEGO idea, mission and values? This is a unique opportunity to bring these to life by leading and innovating one of the coolest LEGO programmes ever – the LEGO PlayDay!Work with great colleagues within Social Responsibility and senior stakeholders across the LEGO branded entities to deliver an annual employee engagement event that truly inspires every LEGO employee to become ambassadors of play and feel connected to our company mission and purpose.
Celebrate the power of playIn 2016, the LEGO Group launched an annual global PlayDay to celebrate the LEGO idea, mission and values. This is an on-going commitment to celebrate the value of play across all LEGO sites and offices every year. We now have some great learnings plus huge ambitions for the future development of Play Day as a part of our wider mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
Based in Billund, you will be instrumental in developing a future looking “PlayDay ambition”, with the perspective of helping to build an even more playful work culture and contributing to a wider external Play Movement, led by the LEGO Foundation. As such, the PlayDay Programme Director will work closely with the LEGO Foundation to create synergies around our shared mission.
Main responsibility areas will be:
- Leading the development of LEGO PlayDay strategic roadmap and yearly concept development in close collaboration with the PlayDay project team, the LEGO Foundation and relevant stakeholders across the LEGO branded entities
- Establishing and driving clear programme governance through a steering committee and systematic reporting to ensure buy-in and avoid potential roadblocks
- Overall program management to ensure the annual PlayDay is executed and delivered to budget and timelines in partnership with the Global Project team, local event drivers and relevant internal and external partners
- Supporting the continued development of a playful work culture in the LEGO Group, finding ways to further embed play as a vital part of the way we work.
- Leveraging PlayDay as a key enabler to drive external employer branding and support the wider external Play Movement
- Driving and strengthening communications and engagement around PlayDay to maximise impact and engage employees as ambassadors of play throughout the year.
Join the Social Responsibility and Engagement teamThe Social Responsibility & Engagement team is accountable for delivering the LEGO Group’s responsibility priorities within the social area, anchored in our Planet Promise. Our responsibility work is deeply rooted in the LEGO Group’s legacy, family ownership, mission and values and plays a critical role in ensuring that we live up to the great trust people have in the LEGO brand. We feel a huge sense of responsibility to do our very best to inspire and develop children through play, as the ‘rocket fuel’ for optimal childhood development and 21st century skills, while leaving a positive impact on the world children will inherit.
We believe that LEGO employees have a key role to play in driving this agenda and so have developed a portfolio of activities to engage employees. As PlayDay Program Director you will not only drive this iconic annual event, you will contribute to the creation of a wider Play Movement focused on changing attitudes and behaviours around the value of Learning through Play and creating more playful learning opportunities for children.
Experience in managing complex, global programmes.
You are passionate and committed to the importance of changing mindsets about the importance of play and learning through play. Moreover, you thrive in a global and sometimes complex environment where you are challenged to juggle many tasks at the same time. You always deliver high quality in collaboration with your colleagues because you are a strong believer of creative co-creation to drive impact and results. Your qualifications:
- You hold extensive experience of leading and managing complex, global programmes involving senior level stakeholders in a diverse, complex, multi-national environment
- You have a strong strategic mindset and organisational understanding
- You have a holistic, playful and creative approach to concept development and issue solving with excellent practical skills, enabling you to convert great ideas into concrete results
- You have excellent networking and communication skills as an enabler for successful execution.
- You have huge energy and passion for play and its contribution to both workplace culture and childhood development
It is an advantage if you have experience with complex event preparation and management as well as knowledge of playful work culture initiatives and/or play based learning.
You should expect around 25 travelling days per year.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English, when you apply.
If you would like to know more about the position, please send an e-mail to: olivia.mary.lankester@LEGO.com
This position was posted xx-xx-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.