Payroll Project Manager
Are you detailed and meticulous that enjoys building your capabilities in a global organisation? Would you like to build your career brick by brick in LEGO as a Payroll Project Manager? Learn more about this position…
The LEGO Business Service Operations (BSO) is a newly established shared service center that delivers HR and Finance services to the entire LEGO Group from 3 locations; Mexico, Czech Republic and Singapore. The purpose of the BSO is to create an effective and efficient platform for growth to support our strategy and reach twice as many kids over the next 5-7 years. As part of the LEGO BSO Singapore, you will be part of a top professional environment where the focus is on quality, learning and collaboration.
Your specific tasks include:
As Payroll Manager Specialist, you are responsible for delivering a consistent high quality service to all the customers of the Payroll BSO. This means to meet the customers’ expectations and provide them with a top professional service, incorporating the LEGO values.
• Understand and drive a strong internal control, compliance and stewardship environment in the Payroll BSO through:
- Identifying risks and implementing key controls to ensure timely and accurate payment to our employees globally
- Implementing projects as agreed on the strategy pack and incorporating those items on the roadmap and TIP.
- Resolving segregation of duties conflicts
- Having a strong understanding of the Company’s entity level controls
- Ensuring a cohesive authorization policy across BSO functions
- Maximize the global corporate reputation of the LEGO Group by driving the LEGO Stewardship agenda to ensure strong adherence to company policies and disseminate the importance of stewardship and compliance within the Payroll BSO.
• Establishing a standardized process for year-end tax assessment for expats on a global level, through review and communication with relevant P&OD and BSO departments.
• Implementing standardized process and measurements for managing and communicating incidents, service requests and queries.
• Shows flexibility to work in groups or in close networks and appreciates strength in working with people from diverse backgrounds and demonstrates a consistent and open communication style
• Building and strengthening basic stakeholder relations across areas and geographies including collaboration and culture (incl. PO&D, Master Data, Business Controllers, Treasury, Tax, BI, and our auditors/PwC)
• Actively lead and collaborate in local and global projects , setting up globally shared best practices in BSO Payroll area
• Oversight of Performance Management in the Payroll BSO, including monthly reporting of KPIs.
• Budget, Roadmap and TIP reporting and monitoring
• Back up for payroll operations as necessary
Challenges and Opportunities
The Manager Specialist plays an important role in establishing a world class BSO. We need development-oriented employees, all eager to engage actively in building a high-performing department, valuing collaboration, process excellence, quality and fun in the everyday life.
• To engage in establishing a high-performing BSO Payroll.
• To form new collaborative relationship with stakeholders and thereby ensure sustainable implementation of the global processes in BSO Payroll
• To cover a few different locations in different countries, which requires strong cultural understanding, various ways of working and complex stakeholder management
• Navigate in an exciting and constantly changing environment
Do you have what it takes?
• At least 4-6 years of experience in Project Management, Payroll and/or Finance
• Bachelor’s in accounting/Finance as minimum
• Language skills: Proficient English any other is desired (Mandarin, Japanese or Korean)
• Analytical, detail - and high-quality oriented
• Experience in working in highly collaborative environments within APAC Region
• Manage multiple tasks successfully
• Microsoft Office experience including Excel on advanced level
• Experience with SAP knowledge is a benefit
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“The LEGO Group is a great and exciting place to work. What makes us unique is the way we live our values in our daily work. As Assistant, you will become part of a unique journey in a company that is growing. You will join a team that is focused on succeeding together, with the spirit that only the best is good enough,” - Søren Pedersen, PO&D Partner, Partnering & Operations, Billund.