Online Community Specialist
Online Community SpecialistWould you like to get in close contact with our adult fans? Co-create and moderate fantastic creations and spark creativity and engagement by interaction on various social media platforms. Keep a keen eye on our users and help develop marketing content and actual user generated products.
Engage through contentYou will join the LEGO AFOL Engagement Department who is responsible for building relationships and engagement with the global community of adult LEGO users. We work closely with hundreds of user groups, fan media and innovators, stimulating and supporting user creativity, co-creating products, experiences and marketing stories with the user community and internal stakeholders.
Who we are
The LEGO IDEAS team is responsible for developing and managing the LEGO open innovation and crowdsourcing experience that enables our adult fans of LEGO to showcase their talent, get their ideas realized as official LEGO products and their user-created content amplified as it is integrated into the LEGO Group’s marketing and product development.
What you will be doing
The position assumes planning, setting up and executing content sourcing activities on LEGO Ideas crowdsourcing platform, where users suggest and support ideas for new LEGO products and participate in UGC sourcing contests connected with our loved brand and franchises. The position will also include responsibility for high level moderation of community dialogue in collaboration with our Consumer Services team, as well as operating the LEGO IDEAS experience dashboard, providing real-time actionable insights that guide us as we create the very best experiences and engagement with our users.
In doing so, you:
• Collaborate with our Marketing Integration team to plan and setup User Generated Content sourcing activities on the LEGO IDEAS platform, including copy writing, setting participation rules and managing smooth transfer of UGC into the Marketing Integration team
• Set up and run reporting process of LEGO IDEAS site dashboards, based on defined performance metrics
• Support our Consumer Services team in performing tier-3 moderation of overall user engagement on the LEGO IDEAS site, to secure a world class experience and high user satisfaction
•Participate in LEGO IDEAS development projects providing inputs for the on-going UX improvement and development of new content capture toolboxes
•Support our product and marketing integration function and other stakeholders in development and execution of various new content sourcing initiatives that create value for the AFOL community and the LEGO Group.
•Use data as the starting point for creating and optimising day-to-day the contests and activities through which we engage the users
Play is our favourite way of learningBy sourcing content as part of the LEGO Group, you promote creativity as a universal value for children of all ages. In doing so, you reach hundreds of thousands and perhaps millions of fans of all ages who you engage and inspire. You will also join a global team of social and digital enthusiasts, working together to innovate and create this valuable engagement. To us, fun and play are key terms. In fact, we believe that the more you enjoy what you do, and the more fun you have doing it, the more extraordinary your results will be.
As part of LEGO Ideas, you will get to use all your collaborative skills as you build relationships across the value chain with fans and other stakeholders. You must live and breathe social and digital media and have a fair amount of LEGO in your DNA, connect to a specific and challenging target group.
Your qualifications should include:
• 2+ years in social media or digital engagement
• Experience with data-driven decision-making, site analytics and insights reporting
• Strong understanding of digital community engagement
• Project coordination / Project management skills
• Capability to prioritize and manage your time and effort according to the tasks at hand
• Strong written skills in English
• Preferably a BA or higher degree with a major in communication, information science, community management or other closely related areas, and/or strong relevant experience
Bringing it to life“This job is an opportunity to get in close contact with a fantastic community of passionate and talented LEGO users, and work with them to see their ideas and talents be realized. The role also allows you to flex your digital expertise and your analytical and results-oriented side in making the LEGO Ideas experience the very best it can be for our fans and for the LEGO Group” says Johnny Castrup, Head of LEGO Ideas.
Join the Global LEGO® FamilyAt the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application – when applying, please remember to attach a cover letter and your current CV in English.
This position was posted 30.01.2019 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position once we have found the right candidate.