LCS Project Manager - Design
Are you an expert in retail expansion who is passionate about ensuring a LEGO standard retail format delivered to the market within agreed timeframe and cost effectively?
Here’s a fantastic opportunity for you to be a part of our China Sales team in the LEGO® Group to help expand our LEGO China LCS channels.
The aim of the LEGO Certified Store (LCS) strategy is to protect the LEGO Brand, increase brand awareness, enhance partner performance, deliver exceptional customer service, expand the LEGO business quickly and efficiently while establishing consistency. LCS will be one of the main driver of growth in China and will be expanded.
The Project Manager is a key driver for overall non-standard look and feel of LCS stores including store lay-out design, in-store engagement and experiential element creation and enhancement to generate fun, creative and relevant play experience for LEGO shoppers and consumers on top of standard format. This position is also with an eye to look into future to initiate creative and innovation ideas to global innovation functions to drive possible realization.
Your tasks will include:
Manage overall Store Opening particularly on innovation, tailor made, customization elements.
• Working a close peer with construction manager in the process of new opening project from design to final handover to retail operations.
• Provide inputs and insight to store design in order to make good use of the space and balance out the sales output and play experience set up in the store;
• Work with LEGO Certified Professionals and be a driver for their mosaic and 3D model presentation in each LCS stores. This includes planning, theme selection, production and design compliance to LEGO standard in China.
• Follow through the key steps of new store opening for innovation or customization oriented fixtures or materials to make sure a timely delivery of store opening.
• Ensure the critical criterial are met for each opening, i.e contents compliance and ongoing innovation material management and maintenance in store
• Work with global model production team to bring global standard model into China market on a regular basis and lead the planning, ordering and replenishment process. During the course make influence to them for local relevance demand.
• Manage and enhance instore experiential materials (play table, demo table, picture frames, digital fixtures etc.) upgrade, be responsible for relevant pilot project and provide analytical report for potential roll out into all LCS stores.
Budget and Quality Control
• Manage budgets and schedules (including risks with submissions and FFE delivery), prioritizing early identification of issues and appropriate escalations.
• Manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize workload within the group to ensure that project timelines are met.
• Quality control to ensure excellent brand representations to the customer. In depth knowledge of the details, assemblies, and critical branded elements utilized in the construction of the stores to teach local resources how to execute correctly and ensure high quality results. Support of project reviews, identifying areas for potential improvements.
• Support negotiations to ensure that brand standards are achieved with landlords, franchise partners and local authorities.
• Clear understand brand objectives to effectively communicate local conditions / requirements that would impact the design / branding of the space.
Internal collaboration to impel projects:
• Work across the department to roll out new initiatives and meeting targets.
• Work with global model factory and local certified model builder to plan and deploy local relevant consumer engagement solutions through the build of 3D model and LEGO mosaic wall.
Documentation and process management:
• Manage the construction document process.
• Involve in Due Diligence and Layout to understand lease terms, develop estimates and initial budget, and secure necessary approvals.
• Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to management team per request.
• Manage the submission processes and coordinate the revision process.
• Ensure reviews of international transactional models to support contracting and / or purchase order generation.
• Involve in Construction, Staging and Closeout to insure construction completion and finalize invoicing.
Do you have what we are looking for?
You must have:
• 5+ years of experience in project management, design and / or construction in highly branded environments.
• Experience in retail and commercial construction / development project.
• 2-3 years international experiences preferred.
• Excellent command of English and Mandarin in writing and speaking.
• Bachelor degree and above in Construction Project Management, Architecture, Engineering and / or a related major.
It would be nice for you to have:
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building & ADA codes.
• Good team player across diverse disciplines and cultures/time zones.
Join the global family of LEGOThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Or you can send your CV to Sharon.email@example.com
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
”It is fascinating to be part of an organization that builds a better tomorrow for children. Although being a support function you are fully aware that your efforts have a huge impact. It is great to be part of immense growth plans and globalization, and that you never know what tomorrow brings.”