Head of LEGO Education Afterschool, China
Who are we?LEGO Education is on a mission to deliver amazing learning experiences that will prepare today’s children for the world and careers of tomorrow. We deliver STEAM based learning that encourages children to get hands on with their learning experience, engaging both hands and minds.In every market that we work in, we strive to play a role in the education ecosystem, delivering our innovative learning solutions to schools all over the world. In China, we have a growing presence in the K12 public system, and see our hands on learning solutions support a systemic change that is moving towards STEAM learning and 21st Century Skills. We have a mature presence in the Chinese Afterschool market, but now see a considerable opportunity to grow our impact and reach, in tandem with our InSchool business.
Play a key role in LE China
The Head of LE China - Afterschool will be fully accountable for our business execution in China. In close collaboration with colleagues from the Afterschool Solution team (product and learning experience), our Afterschool China team is responsible for our partner management, operations management (incl quality control), and technology systems – overall, the day to day running of our business and operations.
The team is committed to delivering and guaranteeing a world-class learning experience that offers true learning progression to students, whilst overseeing and upholding top class brand execution on behalf of LEGO Group.
The Chinese Afterschool business is focused on our presence in Tier 1 and Tier 2 Chinese cities. We have a modest reach into the market today, and it is our ambition to grow the size, quality and impact of our business considerably.
Your responsibilities will include:• Build a high-performing motivated team between HQ and in-centre roles; set the pace during a period of considerable transformation
• Responsible for recruitment of top talent and integration into LE and cross functional teams
• Be an experienced, collaborative and strong direction setting leader. Lead the Afterschool business, whilst playing a role on the LEGO Education International leadership team by following the LEGO over EGO principle
• Lead the business through a design, test and scale process as we re-launch our Afterschool business in China
• Build trustworthy and long term relationships with partners; design and implement sales structure and tools to manage business
• Collaborates with LEGO Legal team to ensure and delver legal rigour to our new business set up
• Leverage HR core processes to ensure effective people management: development programs, performance management structures.
• Build a team that is responsible for quality maintenance of centres and staff (teacher quality, operational systems), with relentless focus on quality of brand execution and learning experience
• Deliver and maintain a centre experience that sets industry standards
• Responsible for rollout, adoption and management of CRM system across centre footprint, to ensure full transparency across the network
• Drive a culture that is data and quality focused, with strong accountability and ambition
• Build a profile to establish LEGO Education as a leading provider of innovative learning experiences
• Represent LEGO with key stakeholders (private and public institutions) to ensure we are front and centre in developments in Afterschool sector
• Partner closely with Head of China InSchool business to ensure Afterschool and InSchool approach is symbiotic and effective in growing our total impact
• Collaborates with global colleagues from Product and Global Marketing with openness and trust
• Responsible for monitoring and feeding back market potential to colleagues who design the learning and centre experience; operates comfortably in an environment of shared responsibilities and goals
What we are looking for:• Leadership experiences of Afterschool centres in China previously
• Strong leadership skills
• Experience working globally and with multicultural teams
• Min 6-8 years within education ecosystem in China
• Proven commercial track record in education sector
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education or similar
• Advanced English and Chinese Mandarin skills
Join the global family of LEGOIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English,
Bringing it to life
Sixty percent of children currently in school will hold jobs that don’t exist today. In LEGO Education, our ambition is to prepare the children for the future through encouraging them to be critical thinkers and creative problem solvers and by giving them the joy of learning, both through in-school and after school solutions.
In this role, you will execute commercial strategy and success for LEGO Education Afterschool in our fastest growing market, which will then rollout to future markets. Setting the operating model for the Afterschool business and serve as best practice for other markets. Meanwhile, you will have impact on the Chinese and indirectly in the global education system, and at the same time on the success of LEGO Education globally.