Engineering; Product Design/ Development
Do you have a creative mindset and can you bring LEGO® products to life through prototyping?Join us as Engineer in Prototypes and help us deliver innovative and creative prototypes that bring ideas into play!
Core ResponsibilitiesAs engineer in Prototypes Front End you are responsible for developing prototypes for Creative Play Lab, our internal Front-End department. Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Bring your creative mindset and hands on skills in to play when creating toys and play experiences.
• Brainstorm on design briefs with internal projects
• Align deadlines, quality and quantity to determine the right prototype level, tool and method.
• Develop design briefs into innovative, creative and fun toys and play experiences
• Deliver prototypes in the right quality, quantity and at the right time
Play your part in our team succeedingPrototypes develops ideas into play. We create new toys and play experiences across The LEGO Group using an innovative mindset, broad skill set, various materials, machines and tools, different prototype levels and a fast agile development process.
Do you have what it takes?To succeed in this role, we expect you to:
• Have a design/technical background or similar professional experience
• Have 2-3 years work experience within product development
• Have an inventor’s mindset of always coming up with new ideas and a hands-on approach
• Be a great communicator and listener transforming design briefs in to technical solutions in the given task both verbally and in writing
• Be able to choose the best tools/methods to ensure an effective and efficient prototypes development process
• Be able to work with short deadlines and multiple tasks at once
• Be service minded and actively support the “Succeed together” attitude and contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment both in the team as well as across projects and stakeholders
• Be open minded to changes and suggest improvements for daily work, tasks and processes
• You can master and have experience working with:
o Brainstorming tools (generating ideas and concepts)
o Hand drawing and/or illustrator/photoshop
o 3D drawing (preferable NX or Rhino)
o Basic Machine/wood workshop machines
o Basic Makerspace tools
o Material understanding/knowledge
o Multiple hands-on creative skills such as sculpting, laser cutting, sewing, paint/deco, vacuum forming to mention a few.
• Lastly, we expect that you have good English skills.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application, current CV and portfolio.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
Prototypes bring ideas to play. We make toys and are an essential part of product development.