Are you passionate about engineering data intensive applications and do you enjoy utilizing data, algorithms and code together to create awesome cloud-based services? Oh, and would you love to become part of an iconic global toy brand?Then you should join our team!
Core ResponsibilitiesYour tasks include:
• Developing and delivering solutions based on big data technologies and requirements of our various partners, e.g. data pipelines, recommender systems and image recognition.
• Designing and implementing scalable and data intensive solutions in AWS.
• Sharing knowledge with the other passionate data engineers across the LEGO Group.
• Ensuring that functionality and design meet best practice and our business requirements.
• Ensuring operation and support of our current Data solutions in collaboration with the rest of the team.
• Automating algorithms and processes developed by your colleagues in our analytics and business teams.
Depending on your experience level, this position can be tailored to fit a Data Engineer or a Senior Data Engineer.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe global Data Engineering team consists of 40+ talented internal and external people spread out globally, with this role sitting in the Data Products and Analytics team in our LEGO head office in Billund. Our Data Engineering unit build solutions for all areas in the LEGO Group so you will get to see the value of the products you build.
As a Data engineer, you will work within a cross functional team that uses a combination of code and cloud services to build data products, e.g. applied ML/AI products, with full-stack responsibility of solutions. We are currently building our solutions in Python, Scala and Spark. The team collaborates closely with our data management and advanced analytics teams to fulfil the high priority goal of making the LEGO group more data driven in the future. We are currently working with technologies like S3, HDFS, Spark, Keras, Kinesis, Lambdas, Docker and Hive, but we are constantly looking for new possibilities for improving our stack
Do you have what it takes?You are probably an expert software or data engineer who loves to work with data in various forms and building cloud-based pipelines. As a hardworking and enthusiastic techie, you naturally enjoy working with the combination of code and data modelling.
To be a good fit for this role, you have:
• Experience working with Big Data technologies or distributed computing.
• Experience within applied Machine Learning or AI.
• Solid experience with general software development in Python and Scala or Java.
• Strong knowledge around software design and coding to ensure the best possible solutions and quality.
• A natural desire to learn new skills and technologies.
• A focus on keeping deadlines and proactively delivering high quality results.
• Experience with cloud services, preferable AWS products.
• Great communication skills and a passion for working with people across departments and levels.
Bringing it to LifeBuild your career as an important part of our team and become a member of an area of focus and with a high priority. You get the opportunity to dive into the different business areas we work with and help our colleagues utilize data as a key strategic asset for 2019 and beyond.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call head of Data Products and Analytics, Christian Laasby Ladefoged on tel. +45 40 81 68 26.
Join the global LEGO® family
Come and join the LEGO Family! With over 40 different nationalities across The LEGO Group, our international environment promotes individuality and inclusion and we want you to shine. We strive to leave a positive impact on our planet and run amazing initiatives through our Planet Promise, just check out at our ambitious targets and investments for sustainable LEGO bricks and wind energy to name a few. Working for The LEGO Group is more than just a job, it is a place to grow and thrive, to play a part in building a sustainable future and “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.” – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.